American Spirit Unlimited Air Racer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Spirit Unlimited Air Racer?

Having seen it mentioned and done an unsuccessful Google search which seemed to suggest it was an evolution of the Greenamayer/Boland Shockwave design I am really curious???????
    Does anyone have information or pictures and info as to when it might be finished?

Thanks

Re: American Spirit Unlimited Air Racer?

the 2 racers, Greenamyers shockwave and american spirit are 2 totally different projects,
    if you look on airliners.net and search for Cornell-Jackson american spirit there is an image of the fuselage in a jig in an un-named shop.
    Shockwave was designed around an R-4360 as a tail dragger with sea fury outer wing panels, f86 tail and purpose designed fuselage and center section.
    american spirit has been designed as a tricycle gear using t2 wing & tail, custom fuselage with R-3350 power driving a 3 blade prop using electra blades in a c130a hud ala the rare bears 3 blade set up..

Hope this helps out... and i hope i got things right if Matt Jackson is out there and sees this.. if i did get anything wrong mr Jackson i would love your feedback and insights...
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Are they currently working on it? or is it just sitting there?

Comment

These were taken in the pits last year (2009).
        Attached Files

Comment

That's "Shockwave"...

Comment

I've got some pictures, but it'll be next week before I can dig them out.

Comment

Working...
            X