Finding a plane belonging to Ray Poe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a plane belonging to Ray Poe

Hi all..this is going to sound strange, especially from a new member, but I am looking for an old plane. I was looking at my step-fathers name on google and it mentioned he owned a Poe BD-5A in Acton where we used to live. I don't remember ever seeing it so perhaps he owned it after his and my mothers divorce. Anyway, I looked up the registration on the FAA website and it still lists him as the owner.
    My interest in this is ONLY academic - for curiosities sake. I'm not listed as next of kin nor do I think that this plane still exists or where it would be if it did. Anyway, I can get the old registration from the FAA (though it's in Federal Archives now) but really just want to know what happened to it, if anything. Any ideas?

Chad

Re: Finding a plane belonging to Ray Poe

Nowadays, if the airplane's registration isn't still shown as active, it will expire after three years. This doesn't mean that the airplane has to be airworthy, just that the owner has to assert that it is still valid. Otherwise, the N-number will go back to the pool of available numbers for re-registration onto a new aircraft.
    Biplane Race #3

Comment

Re: Finding a plane belonging to Ray Poe

Thank you for responding! I guess what I'm looking for is to find out what happened to the plane. It doesn't really matter of course as he died 15 odd years ago but for some reason I'm curious! When did he buy it, did he actually fly it ( I don't know if he had a license to fly), what happened to it, etc... He never really talked about this part of his life until I was much older and hadn't seen each other in 2 decades!
      So...any ideas on how to track what happened to the plane? I assume he sold it years ago but as the plane is still listed under his name.... Any ideas you have would be fantastic! Thanks!

Chad

Comment

Working...
      X