Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations and Thanks to Steve, Tiger, and Strega Crew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations and Thanks to Steve, Tiger, and Strega Crew!

Congratulations to Steve, Tiger, and the Strega crew for qualifying with the fastest speed and for winning each heat race!

In other words, congratulations and thanks to Steve, Tiger, and the Strega crew for not sandbagging, thereby earning their 2010 NCAR Unlimited Gold victory!
    Last edited by DOUBLE THREAT; 09-25-2010, 04:26 PM.

Re: Congratulations and Thanks to Steve, Tiger, and Strega Crew!

a win is a win.

Comment

LOL nobody WON !! not even the Fans !!

Comment

After attending the races for 40 years and being a pylon judge for 10, I can say that everybody won! Each year brings us new excitement and there is always a front runner and a dark horse to discuss. This year with the winds coming from the south and the only runway was deactivated and full of pot holes, the pilots wisely chose to not race. I can remember driving home many years ago (sometime in the 80's) when the snow (maybe it was rain-"old guy brain") closed the Unlimited Gold race. It was held on Monday. I was totally bummed out. Over the years the races have become so much more than just the races. You get to know the pilots, the crews, the volunteers, the photographers, the fans and you get to come together with your best air race buddy's each year for the most awesome event in the galaxy. A number of Gold racers were not able to make the final race so this years race wasn't going to be a real test of the fastest. Wait until next year! (That is something all veteran air race fans say each year!). Steven will be ready to defend his titles, the Ghost will be fully tested, the Bear will be completely ready, VooDoo, Dreadnaught, Czech Mate, Furias, Riff Raff, Dago (?), Spriit of Texas...All are champions. (I hope WildFire eventually makes it too!)
        We are heading into October in a few hours so September 2011 is just around the corner. The countdown for 2011 has begun!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X