Best Lyle tribute I saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Lyle tribute I saw

At the races, saw a fan walking around with a black shirt. In huge white letters it just said:

LYLE

1933-2010.

Brilliant!

JH
    Last edited by John H; 09-25-2010, 12:49 AM.

Re: Best Lyle tribute I saw

I saw that guy. I was going to ask him where he got the shirt but was distracted for a moment and he vanished. It was a cool shirt.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post

At the races, saw a fan walking around with a black shirt. In huge white letters it just said:

LYLE

1933-2010.

Brilliant!

JH
      Those "fans" in the black T shirts ( Yellow lettering ) were the previous Rare Bear Crew that Rod Lewis just fired last year. They had them made up just for the races to pay tribute to Lyle. Awesome shirt and I wanted one also. Stellar deal.

Cloudchaser

Comment

We saw several folks wearing those behind the grandstands late Sunday as people were filing out. Awesome shirt. I remember my dad and I remarked how 2010-1933 = "77" which just felt right.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell View Post
          We saw several folks wearing those behind the grandstands late Sunday as people were filing out. Awesome shirt. I remember my dad and I remarked how 2010-1933 = "77" which just felt right.
          Lyle wasn't quite 77 yet, but that is just one of those crazy ironies of life that his obit will always read that way. Reminds me of race car driver Greg Moore, who died in 1999 in car 99 in the last race of 1999 and his last race in the 99 as he was going to change teams. Crazy!

Comment

Working...
          X