My Ghostly RENO Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ghostly RENO Monday

All week long I kept thinking "if the sun and the moon and all of the stars will only cooperate".....

Thanks to Jimmy Leeward, Dennis Buehn and Rick Siegfried... we got it done!

To say that The Galloping Ghost is slick would be a complete understatement!!!

It took us till Carson to even catch Jimmy so we could attempt to fly beside him for a while... In the end, his lowest comfortable speed with those mini wings and our fastest speed with, probably, slightly fouled plugs, kept us from having much time together...

I have to limit what I post, for now.. because I've GOT to sell some shots and a story to pay for the gas for the shoot.. so for now.. here's a single image, not the best from the shoot...
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: My Ghostly RENO Monday

dang wayne, If I had known, I would have paid for half the gas to ride along.

sweet shot bud!!

Comment

very nice....

...next year I expect to see that plane sweep the entire field it was barely loping along all week.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
        dang wayne, If I had known, I would have paid for half the gas to ride along.

sweet shot bud!!
        Wuz a T-6... it'd gotten really windy out on the wing for ya's....

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Nice shot. Is the Ghost going to live in Minden for another year or are they going to fly it back to Florida?

I can't wait to see what that plane can do.

Will

Comment

Will,

I've been wondering the same thing. Personally, I hope the Ghost stays put in Minden for now - (safe, healthy, and ready to kick butt next year).

I too cannot wait to see what GG is capable of when asked...
            Triple-B

Comment

I was told that the air craft has a very limited range now with the boil off system, and needs to be housed some place close to stead.
              It is not practicle to fly it from and to Florida every year.

So Minden is her home for the time being.

Comment

That brings up and interesting question. I know that powere settings will really determin the answer to these questions, but what would be the typical endurance for GG? Would the limiting factor be fuel, or water? Is she running regular H2O for the boil off system, or does it have additives? Just being nosey!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                  That brings up and interesting question. I know that powere settings will really determin the answer to these questions, but what would be the typical endurance for GG? Would the limiting factor be fuel, or water? Is she running regular H2O for the boil off system, or does it have additives? Just being nosey!

Race 29
                  H20 and Meth. Check out Bruce Lockwood's explanation on here. Real informative.

Wayne let us know who prints the story.
                  Last edited by wyhdah; 09-24-2010, 06:34 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

One of the announcers (SS I believe) said GG has an endurance of about an hour. I wonder if the FAA would treat the boil off system like fuel and require a 30 minute reserve?!?! That would limit the range to 200 miles or so depending on weather.
                    Sky Critter

Comment

Land, pull up to the pump, and ... "Fill-up the water and check the gas".

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                        H20 and Meth. .

that would explain why she needs to stay in Nevada. If it was crack Florida would be way better.

In all seriousness though, what kind of speeds did stiletto put up. I remember that plane, and remember seeing it fly, but I was young then and dont remember the speeds.

I think over all GG is a bit cleaner looking in the fuselage, but they are very similar aircraft. Who built engines for Stiletto?

Yes that's my picture!
                        Last edited by flyingjibus; 09-24-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

No she would be in South Georgia....you've heard of the South Beach diet well when we see someone skin and bones down south we say they are on the South Georgia Diet. BTW that photo means you are pretty......uh seasoned.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                            BTW that photo means you are pretty......uh seasoned.
                            I was 7 or 8 when it was taken. It was taken by either my Father or Phil Brown. Either way I have permission to do with it as I please.

Comment

Very cool Wayne!!

Comment

Working...
                              X