Clear All

• 2010 Pics

A few of the photos I took. Feel free to share your shots,
    Attached Files

Re: 2010 Pics

http://evanflys.com/

Comment

Great pictures, Evan! Were you the little guy who was roaming the area between the fenced off public edge of the flightline and the engine start area out on the ramp, wearing a day-glo orange vest with cameras? If it was, I think I saw you! I was going to say hi, but you were kind of far away and I didn't want to yell at you from 50 feet away.

Did you get to go out to the pylons to take pictures?

Did you get to do any interviews?

More pictures, please!

Comment

That wasn't me. I saw that kid and I think he was with his dad doing security. They won't let me out on the pylons or anywhere - just where the public gets to go.
        I was in the pits all Friday and Saturday morning. That afternoon we went out to the fenceline!!!

here's some more:

I have more here with my writeup http://evanflys.com/reno_races_10

I didn't get any interviews unfortunately. It's kind of hard at Reno because everybody's so busy - but I have some cool ones planned!

Comment

Originally posted by evanflys View Post
          That wasn't me. I saw that kid and I think he was with his dad doing security. They won't let me out on the pylons or anywhere - just where the public gets to go.
          I was in the pits all Friday and Saturday morning. That afternoon we went out to the fenceline!!!
          Wow, I thought for sure that was you! I guess I'm glad I didn't say anything then. That's too bad they won't give you press access. Maybe someday.......

Yes, the fenceline is awesome, I've been going there for years.

I'm looking forward to more of your interviews!

Keep up the great work Evan, we all appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude View Post
            Wow, I thought for sure that was you! I guess I'm glad I didn't say anything then. That's too bad they won't give you press access. Maybe someday.......

Yes, the fenceline is awesome, I've been going there for years.

I'm looking forward to more of your interviews!

Keep up the great work Evan, we all appreciate it!
            Thanks! I really appreciate it!

here's me!

If you see me at some airshow - say hi!

Comment

Great shots Evan!!! It sucks that they wont let you out to the pylons, but it seems to me, you might have a good argument to present to RARA in your favor.

If that kid could go out past the dead line with supervision to "work", then you should as well. I would give it a shot, you never know, they might ok it. Then again they might just say no minors passed the dead line period.

Comment

Nice work Evan. Steady hands! Keep up the good work. Personally, I prefer not to apply for the vest. Too many strings attached. The fenceline rocks anyway.

Here are a couple of shots I took of the Ghost on the ramp Saturday evening. I was lucky enough to have Jimmy Leward ask me to video the high speed passes and pullups he did to make sure they had the gear door issue solved. The first includes my sound man Geoff.
                Attached Files
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Here is one Geoff took of Bernie getting ready for his first solo in a Mustang. Nice landing Bernie. Many thanks to Steve and Brant for letting us hang with the Sparky Crew.
                  Attached Files
                  Bill Garnett
                  InterstellarDust
                  Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

A few pics from 2010...I don't take great photos, but thought these were kind of fun...The shot of Georges Thunder Mustang was taken on his way out for Sundays race...I thought the shot of the Ghost taken Saturday with some dust kicked up underneath was kind of...well...ghostly...Close up of a Jet racer taken on the taxi way at the west end camping area...Last as I am sure everybody shot the Focke Wulf chasing the Mustang so I thought I would make it black and white as it seems so appropriate!!!
                    Last edited by johnnyrace; 04-11-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Evan, great shots...but will you please stop jabbing RARA because 'they won't let you anywhere near the pylons'?

It has nothing to do with your ability, and everything--EVERYTHING--to do with the insurance waiver and the deal with the FAA. You have to be 21. Period. My kid takes fantastic pictures too, as does Victor's son, and yes, they have been published too....but guess what? They can't go out there either.

Would you be mad at the department of licensing because they won't let you drive a car, even though you like cars and really want to drive one? You're not old enough yet. You will be someday.

But it's purely an administrative issue. It's not personal. The alternative is that NOBODY gets to go out to the pylons...and trust me, the FAA, and even some members within RARA would like nothing better than not having to worry about the transportation and safety about those who are taking pictures and video out at the pylons.

Keep taking your pictures, keep doing your interviews, keep doing everything that you're doing and when the time comes, the golden gates will open for you. Just got to have some patience, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                        Would you be mad at the department of licensing because they won't let you drive a car, even though you like cars and really want to drive one? You're not old enough yet. You will be someday.
                        It's off-topic, and I can't speak for Evan, but I for one was furious that they wouldn't let me drive at 10 years old! Sad thing is, I probably would've been a safer driver than many of the older, "more qualified" drivers out there, insurance companies be darned.
                        _________
                        -Matt
                        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I am 60 years old and mad as heck that I cannot draw my social security yet ! Other end of the spektrum. Learn to live with it. Rad

Comment

Fantastic shot! Love the black and white shot and tongue in cheek title.
                            Betty

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              Evan, great shots...but will you please stop jabbing RARA because 'they won't let you anywhere near the pylons'?
                              I didn't think I was jabbing RARA. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X