Pics from the Unlimited Bronze race Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from the Unlimited Bronze race Sunday

I got a few shots of the race with my point and shoot digital. I thought I'd share.

Next year hopefully I will have a real camera. I'm thinking a Nikon D700 perhaps.

Enjoy and feel free to add pics to the thread.

Will

Re: Pics from the Unlimited Bronze race Sunday

I was fortunate enough to snag a pass to outer pylon 3 for this race. I have a decent camera, but that doesn't make me a decent photog. And for anyone who think it wasn't that windy, I posted before and after photos of the second photo. It think I brought home most of the dust from the course inside my lens!

Comment

What I would have done for a pass out to a pylon. Yeah it was windy. I have a dark spot on every one of my 700+ photos that I took, and I can't tell what its from. Its just there, and bugs me.

Nice shots.

Will

Comment

I was pulling hard for the Wildcat to pass that big ole T-28. That was a fun race to watch.
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Thanks for these pics. Slept in so missed that race.

JH

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
            I was pulling hard for the Wildcat to pass that big ole T-28. That was a fun race to watch.
            The T-28 had to turn the RPM to 2900 to stay ahead of the Biscuit. We were running with stock take off power (2650 rpm) for the Wildcat. If they had not turned their rpm out of normal take off settings, we would have had them. I hope their engine is ok.

Comment

Hawkeye, sounds like you're a part of the Wildcat crew... any chance you could let a guy know how he could get a hold of one of those Air Biscuit t-shirts? I asked several folks that I saw wearing them but kept hearing the same thing, "you gotta be a part of the crew".
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

Hawkeye is part of the Air Biscuit crew as am I, Ted Curel, and Mike Frank. The T-shirts we wore were made for and paid for by each crew member. A very few were given to special people, like the one the team gave to a certain young boy.

The team has found in the past it is not cost effective to sell shirts at Reno. We realize that fans would like to purchase our shirts, but the cost to make the shirts, and pay RARA to sell them is prohibitive.

Willie
                Crew Dog
                Unlimited Race 2 Air Biscuit

Comment

the t-28 only used high rpm for one qual lap. During races we just ran what we needed
                  www.davemorss.com

Comment

but the cost to make the shirts, and pay RARA to sell them is prohibitive
                    Thank you for confirming something I have suspected for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird5 View Post
                      Hawkeye is part of the Air Biscuit crew as am I, Ted Curel, and Mike Frank. The T-shirts we wore were made for and paid for by each crew member. A very few were given to special people, like the one the team gave to a certain young boy.

The team has found in the past it is not cost effective to sell shirts at Reno. We realize that fans would like to purchase our shirts, but the cost to make the shirts, and pay RARA to sell them is prohibitive.

Willie
                      Crew Dog
                      Unlimited Race 2 Air Biscuit
                      Just a suggestion.... provide an email for people to pre-order them from you. They can paypal you the money including shipping, then you can go order the shirts and make a couple bucks. Might be a little bit of a pain but then your fans will have their t-shirt to parade around Reno.
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

It's all good, I just had to ask... again.
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER View Post
                          Just a suggestion.... provide an email for people to pre-order them from you. They can paypal you the money including shipping, then you can go order the shirts and make a couple bucks. Might be a little bit of a pain but then your fans will have their t-shirt to parade around Reno.

Your suggestion is a good one, but really unworkable as someone form the team would have to answer the inquiries, process and ship orders. All of the crew have other jobs like the fans and it would be too much to ask of one or more of them to do.

I will pass on your suggestion to see if anything can be done.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support of the Biscuit.

Willie
                          Crew Dog Unlimited Race 2 Air Biscuit

Comment

Your suggestion is a good one, but really unworkable as someone form the team would have to answer the inquiries, process and ship orders. All of the crew have other jobs like the fans and it would be too much to ask of one or more of them to do.

I will pass on your suggestion to see if anything can be done.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support of the Biscuit.

Willie
                            Crew Dog Unlimited Race 2 Air Biscuit
                            Thanks for all the interest in the "Air Biscuit" shirts this year. I am going to try to see if we can work something out to make them available to our fans. We'll see what we can come up with.

Hawkeye

Comment

So...what, exactly, does a Team Air Biscuit shirt look like?
                              Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
                              X