Sunday predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday predictions?

So this is for you lucky folks that were out today.

Predictions for tomorrow? Who looks fast and healthy? Should we expect any upsets?

What are the stories we'll all want to talk about Monday?

Spacegrrrl

Re: Sunday predictions?

If Galloping Ghost hasn't gone above 100MAP yet, then I say Jimmy has a good chance of being the spoiler.

Voodoo is being worked on tonight. Still can challenge for the win

Strega is working too perfectly. Something has to pop up sooner than later.

Bear is gaining. I'm surprised it did not run faster today than it did.

The big question is who is holding back? Pit chatter seems quieter this year. It could be an interesting race watching who is going to show his hand first. A very reliable source told me they could use 150MAP if challenged. That's impressive!

Comment

Steven takes the Gold, easily. Second year in a row. The Witch rules, dude and dudettes.

Comment

I think the Bear is going to blow the field away. That new engine Dave built is capable of 510 mph+ laps, IMO. I don't think anyone in the field can keep up, but they may break trying.

Comment

Steve looked perfect every race in Strega.

Will was looking good, but pulling out today and rumors that he wont be back tomorrow makes me look closer at the Ghost and Bear.

Penny was all over the place friday, however he found a good line today. That being said, he was still half a lap behind Strega.

The Ghost is fast! Jimmy is starting to find a groove, although his speeds are far slower than the top gold.

I hope tomorrow is close, but my money is on Hinton.

Comment

I heard the Ghost was doing well above 500mph down in Minden. I think Mr Leeward has a lot more to give and is just using what he needs to get into the Gold. That would explain why he wanted to race Tiger so bad. is the kid going to learn something tomorrow or is he going to take the field to school?

Comment

The only plane that has come close to showing what it has is Strega, which appears to be running like a watch.

The ghost is fast but I don't think it's ready yet. There's a big difference between 400 and 490. They did a beautiful job on the rebuild though, worthy of the plane's history.

I think the Bear would have shown a little more if they were confident of running full race power. They've also done a lot of testing since installing the race engine. Gotta have some issues.

The Voodoo team has looked confident all week, and didn't look too stressed when I left the pit at 7:00 tonight. If the repair goes well and the engine wasn't hurt today I think they're ready to pull the upset.

Comment

This all just goes to show, even with a light UL turnout, we have what looks to be some fantastic racing tomorrow. Wish I could be there!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
                  The only plane that has come close to showing what it has is Strega, which appears to be running like a watch.

The ghost is fast but I don't think it's ready yet. There's a big difference between 400 and 490. They did a beautiful job on the rebuild though, worthy of the plane's history.

I think the Bear would have shown a little more if they were confident of running full race power. They've also done a lot of testing since installing the race engine. Gotta have some issues.

The Voodoo team has looked confident all week, and didn't look too stressed when I left the pit at 7:00 tonight. If the repair goes well and the engine wasn't hurt today I think they're ready to pull the upset.
                  I think too many people watch car racing and then watch these aircraft.
                  This is the Destafani and Hinton show this year. They don't break, they win. They got your number. They know what they are doing. Strega keeps the Gold. Are there any Reno odds on NCAR and Strega?

Comment

I believe if this gale-force wind (I'm in Tahoe) will just settle down the slightest bit, we may see by far the fastest Unlimited Gold race in history. Fingers are crossed.
                    _________
                    -Matt
                    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

The trees are bending pretty good here in NW Reno this morning. The Jet class pilots were mentioning the wind as a problem in the turns yesterday. I see slower speeds today which was predicted from a top unlimited racer on Wed.!!!! Won't mention the team, let's just say they leave no stone unturned in their preparation.

Comment

Four words...

Sparky in the GOLD!
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

Working...
                        X