Dago Red Out Last Two Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red Out Last Two Years?

hi. I'm new to this forum ,but have followed the reno unlimiteds for a number of years.strega and dago red are my favorites. I have noticed that dago red did not race last year or this year.any one know why?

Re: Dago Red Out Last Two Years?

I read that a former owner wasn't happy with what was going on with the plane so about two years ago, he was saying how he had big plans for the plane including a unconventional power plant. Latter I heard he went bankrupt after taring it apart and the mustang is sitting somewhere in pieces

Comment

dang,that's a shame.that plane does not deserve this.

Comment

Dago sits in a pile of parts in the corner of a hanger, covered with a tarp.

Repo'ed by the bank.

Poor Dago.....

Poor air race fans.....
        '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric67 View Post
          I read that a former owner wasn't happy with what was going on with the plane so about two years ago, he was saying how he had big plans for the plane including a unconventional power plant. Latter I heard he went bankrupt after taring it apart and the mustang is sitting somewhere in pieces
          Frank Taylor is the person who was working on it and getting it ready to go again. The other partners in it, who were also the previous owners are the ones who went bankrupt and the airplane was repo'd. Hopefully someone will buy her back from the bank with the intention of racing her, although they will have a long was to go in getting her back airworthy.

Comment

dan martin used to fly her.what's he doing now?

Comment

I had herd that the bank was unable to sell Dago as a package (priced too high) and has been parting out what is left.
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
                I had herd that the bank was unable to sell Dago as a package (priced too high) and has been parting out what is left.
                Oh, I hope that's not true. That is so sad! Another racer with rich history leaving us. Is Kermit buying the parts?

***Ahemmm, cough*** "C" model.

Comment

i'm hoping someone will come along and put her back in the air.

Comment

I've been asking this question every time this subject comes up but can someone tell me which bank has it or how I can get in touch with the trustee?

Comment

Bank of America. How to get a hold of anybody, don't know.

Comment

Thanks T.A. I had someone PM some info as well. If you west coast guys hear anything post up. It's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                          Thanks T.A. I had someone PM some info as well. If you west coast guys hear anything post up. It's worth a try.
                          Are you seriously considering buying D.R., or "bird-dogging" for someone else?

Comment

Just hoping to put together a deal. Hopefully with me included and most definitely to race.

Comment

My dad and I were able to talk to Terry Bland and he said that one of the racers has put a bid on Dago and is waiting to see if the bank will take the offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X