Jimmy's $10,000 offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy's $10,000 offer

The race announcer on Thursday claimed Jimmy Leeward offered to write a check in the amount of $10,000 payable to Tiger if he would fly Strega against the Galloping Ghost. I'm thinking that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening but if nothing else it shows Jimmy has confidence in his plane.

Re: Jimmy's $10,000 offer

Would this be a sport type/fun race where just the two of them are on the track against each other and to test who's got the fastest plane?

Comment

I love this crap. Let the trash talk begin.
      Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
      Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Sounds like a good way for Jimmy to lose $10k.
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I really love this challenge offer. Perhaps FOX Sports will sponsor a race for pink slips between Jimmy and Tiger?

'71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
            Sounds like a good way for Jimmy to lose $10k.
            True, the Ghost had a stock engine, with no breakage the best he would have finished is 4th. Period.

Comment

I was in the Galloping Ghost pit when I heard Jimmy talking about this. He wants to do three laps. The airplane he races was not important as long as Tiger is flying it.

Comment

I think I would drive back to Reno to see that race. I agree he wouldn't catch Strega though. (Not yet)
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                  True, the Ghost had a stock engine, with no breakage the best he would have finished is 4th. Period.
                  They put the race motor in sat nite

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                    Make no mistake, that was NOT a stock engine in the Ghost. Don't let the aftercooler fool you, that motor had many of the go-fast goodies used to make a Merlin produce monster HP. Anyone who heard Jimmy wailing on that thing early Sunday AM would know for sure it was no stocker.

Now, that said, could he have beaten any of the top 3 contenders had all remained healthy? Unlikely, especially from where he was starting, but also unlikely even had he been in a better starting position. He desperately needed to get on the board with a qualifying time and run some laps with the contenders to see where he stood, but obviously that never happened. Maybe next year we'll see just how capable the Ghost truly is.

SA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                      No, there was no motor change, but like I said, it was STILL a race motor.

SA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        I kept hearing this all day on Sunday. I dont understand how these types of things get started or believed.

Comment

It's amazing how stuff that simply is not true gets around. I knew that the motor was not changed on Saturday night. If in fact it did have go fast stuff, I stand corrected. Best he could still do is 4th. End of story.

The facts are on Sunday morning at about 1AM Strega and the Ghost did engine runs. Voodoo ran at about 3:30AM.
                          Last edited by T. Adams; 09-21-2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I wish the top four would have all put $10k on a table and had a line abreast launch Monday morning out of Stead to see who would be the first to pass a set landmark (at legal altitude) in Minden.

Invite the whole crowd who wants to come to be there. Minden would be flooded with folk, but local businesses I think would love it. Maybe it would become an annual mini-cross country grudge event.

Comment

Somebody on the team or that knows the team was probably just screwing around with a fan and started the rumor.
                              My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X