What are the chances???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances???

I just spent 1.5 hours sitting next to a WWII B-26 pilot on a flight from LA to Reno talking about flying and family. The kicker is I'm waiting for the hotel shuttle and I hear 4 roundies flying over and I run out to see what looks like a Marauder flying over. What are the chances and does anyone know of a 26 flying in the area? This just happened and the guy is 87, lives here and didn't even know about the races. I hope he saw it.

Re: What are the chances???

As far as I know, there's not a single airworthy Maruauder since the CAF's crashed many years back.

On the other hand, there are many A-26 Invaders buzzing around, which were at one point re-titled "B-26" after the AAF got rid of all the Martin B-26 Marauders.

At a glance (ok, a glance with one eye covered and sand in the other eye...) they look a bit alike.

Even more likely if you're in Reno is one of the Lockheed Neptune fire bombers.
    Last edited by 440_Magnum; 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

well it's dark out so the only thing I know for sure is it did have 4 engines and I am pretty sure it had Norm. Stipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
        Chances are slim that it was a B-26, seeing as how they only have two roundies.
        Sho you right Al. Ive been flying for 13 hours forgive me...

Comment

Kermit Week's Fantasy Of Flight has one that flew in (when purchased) but hasn't flown in at least a year. If you saw one its not known to me.

Comment

Working...
          X