• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday field report

On my blackberry and I drive all night. Forgive my composition

Got on site at about noon. Went in the gates after the silver unlimited

What I heard:
    Ghost looked great and waited till the last lap to take the lead and blew passed a d few people

FW-190 flew and got beat by air biscuit! There is still time!

Gp-5 is done

What I saw:
    Silver jet race was good. Heather penny flies a nice line and handled herself in traffic very well.

The probost or provost jet is a machine. Watched him put some awesome moves on people and pass half the field. Jet class has some great racing going on. The Vampire looks awesome in the pits. They keep that thing spotless. They were in the process of taping all the panel lines so unless they change tape out they did not qualify taped so we may see some more speed out of it
    There is an incredible boeing mail plane in the heritage display. It is stunning. The corsair is very nice as well
    Super sport had 4 planes in the gold heat. The thunder stangs looked great and finished 2 and 3. I think rapid travel was the first of the two

Gold heat in unlimited was good. Steadfast flies just as nice with John Molony

At the sticks. Stu Dawson flies that tiger cat LOW. Rod Lewis handled himself well

After that race the bear went up. Flew several circuits. The motor sounds a bit different then last year. I. Don't know if it was a healthy sound.came down in a hurry on 32 but taxied back under power. Tired.
    Last edited by flyingjibus; 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM.

Re: Thursday field report

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post

After that race the bear went up. Flew several circuits. The motor sounds a bit different then last year. I. Don't know if it was a healthy sound.came down in a hurry on 32 but taxied back under power. Tired.

I heard the Bear crew are working out a gremlin in the new oil system. The oil is foaming up in the tank.

Comment

At around 1745 was that a second P-38 coming into Stead, or was Glacier Girl flying?

What type of Osprey landed? (MV-22 marines) or (CV-22 Air Force). I was to far down the ramp to get a good look.
      Tony

Comment

2nd P-38 arrives. Anyone know if anymore going to make it?

Comment

That one just left fresno yesterday after finding a cracked cylinder liner. They worked very quickly to get her back up and in good shape. I take my hat off to those guys for working so hard

Comment

Working...
          X