Ghost wins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost wins!

The Galloping Ghost won it's first race in over 20 years!

Re: Ghost wins!

A whopping 339 mph! Anyone think Jimmy's holding it back a bit?

Comment

Cool!!!!!!!!!!
      Fly Fast Make Noise!

Comment

Well, he did about 315ish for the first 5 laps and then pulled a 409 on the last lap. I think there's a little bit more speed left in her.

Comment

1st win of any kind for NX79111 since the Silver in 1986, and the first heat win since 1981.

Comment

Cool, I hope everything was looking good after the race as well. 409 should be a walk in the park for that plane.

Will

Comment

After the race GG was parked in her stable and was not touched for the rest of the day. Airframe clean as a whistle..... What's that got to say!!!!!

Comment

yes, all observations are correct. Jimmy was just playing with the field until the last lap when he decided to turn up the volume, i.e.,MAP. I wonder what he was running on that last lap? 80-100? I did see some work going on under the hell hole in the pits. Probably access to the boil off system but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Jimmy does like to play on the race course, remember when he lit the afterburner on the Mig17 a few years back? That was fun to watch.

Comment

On the last lap there was a trail of steam/smoke which caused me a concern having not seen it during the earlier laps. It's only a guess, but I believe it was the boil off system as has been reported here before. After the race when he taxied by puffs of something were coming out the left side of the fuselage.

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
                      On the last lap there was a trail of steam/smoke which caused me a concern having not seen it during the earlier laps. It's only a guess, but I believe it was the boil off system as has been reported here before. After the race when he taxied by puffs of something were coming out the left side of the fuselage.
                      That is the boil off system, just behind the wing, on the left side, just before the 1 in 177...

Comment

Is that like boil on, or boil off?

Comment

Working...
                        X