Ghost qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost qualifying

Has the Ghost qualified?? Showing no time on RARA's site.

Re: Ghost qualifying

Not yet... As of 11:50 no Ghost in the air

Comment

just building excitement I hope...

Comment

Gremlins are in this thread eating up posts.

Perhaps we are going to see the ghost moving up through the classes........

Comment

It happens.

Comment

I am starting to get nauseous from the thought of 177 not being in the race.

I think I need to log off for the rest of the day and check in tonight on the drive down.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
              I am starting to get nauseous from the thought of 177 not being in the race.

I think I need to log off for the rest of the day and check in tonight on the drive down.
              I just spoke with Jimmy.. they are up on the jacks or going to go up on the jacks to address the newly found issue of the inner gear doors blowing down a bit at speed....

I knew I had a reason to stay up last night and post photos! It was from one of them that Jimmy found out there was a problem!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There is still an afternoon qualifying time slot right? Isnt that when the bear is going to go up and take her scond lap with a 508mph speed? Which will then be beaten by the Ghost at 512mph?

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  I just spoke with Jimmy.. they are up on the jacks or going to go up on the jacks to address the newly found issue of the inner gear doors blowing down a bit at speed....

I knew I had a reason to stay up last night and post photos! It was from one of them that Jimmy found out there was a problem!

Well done. The photo patrol has been doing alot for the racers lately.

I also noticed what looked like some panel stress in the area just in front of the doors, likely just torque effects says my limited engineering knowledge...
                  Last edited by flyingjibus; 09-15-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Was this the photo that the problem was spotted?

It looks like the left gear door is not closed all the way compared to the right..

Comment

Bummer. Wayne took some good shots in that group. Pretty airplane, I hope they get to run it through some special qual deal. Used to be Wednesday was all qualifications with two sessions.
                      Last edited by stuntflyr; 09-15-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I would, at this point on Wednesday afternoon, down to one qualifying session, just throw up something conservative. Get the plane in the field. If it means you have to run in the Silver on Thursday, okay...use that as a good test session to fix the gear door issue and get some time in a new ride on the course in 'competition water' (as we would say in the boat racing world).

Comment

Anyone out there right now with an update?? I don't want to bug Jimmy on the phone again and won't be able to get out there till about 5:00 after I get BeerNazi picked up and in and out of the hotel.. I'm going to go crazy wondering...

Last qual was at noon and I don't see that they made it into that.. will contest committee allow special circumstance qual?? Allow them to race up from the back of the pack??????

I'll dig to find out when I get there but if someone has some scuttlebutt... I'd sure like to read it while I'm waiting around here at the Circus Circus (nice hotel by the way!.. Way better than GSR)
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

GG did not make it in the air during todays one and only qual session... BUT, I don't believe that means they are out of the running. If you remember a few years back Rare Bear also missed qualifying. Didn't they have to start at the back of the pack and work their way forward from there?
                            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                            My Photos
                            My Ride

Comment

yes that is how it works.

If you look at the pairings you see he is listed in the bronze thursday race.
                              Last edited by flyingjibus; 09-15-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X