Weather update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather update

In sacramento KCRA.com is saying that there is a chance of rain sat and sunday in sacramento, thats west of stead 110 miles or so. There is also a mountain range in-between. not predicting rain in reno, but I am thinking there may be couds and a chance of thunderstorms.

Re: Weather update

im also watching the weather. i think for once i get to wear pants in stead of shorts up there. i am watchin the weather every day.

Comment

Agreed, I have been checking the forecast for many days now....but I hear its a weak front so it may not materialize very much. ... Now that we are just a few days away, the weather report will begin to solidify with much less "crystal ball" involvement. The high and low pressure gradients are gonna dictate to all of us in a short time. The high desert can be sketchy when it comes to weather. Over all these years at Stead, I have seen it all. Except for an all out blizzard.

Matt
      Turn left, GO FAST
      MATT
      Turn left, GO FAST

Comment

NOAA forecast.

Today: Sunny, with a high near 84. West wind around 5 mph becoming south.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 49. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 86. Southwest wind around 5 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 52.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 52.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.

Comment

Sounds like snow to me.

Comment

Here's a little more weather voodoo to add to the speculation:
            Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide

"roll them magic chicken bones . . ."

Comment

The Reno NWS are a great bunch of forecasters...cowboy-style.

No Chamber of Commerce "weather wishing" comes from the Reno Forecast Office.

I live in Truckee, an hour by car west of Stead. I run the graveyard grooming crew at a Donner Summit Ski Resort, and I've been doing so since the 1980's

I've found that even better than reading the NWS Zone Forecasts, reading the AFD (Area Forecast Discussion) gives you the wide angle view of the forecast.

I read the Text version...it's better to see on a handheld device when I'm out in my Prinoth BR350 sitting on top the Sierra Crest!

Here's the link: Reno AFD

It's still too far out to call the precip with certainty, so I check twice a day when I need Mission-Critical Weather.

In round numbers, the AFD goes up at 0300 and 1500

See you out at Fenceline Fri/Sat/Sun

Comment

Working...
              X