Relentless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relentless

Reports of the prop coming apart around pylon 8. Kevin down ok on 14. More as it comes.
    Red
    chanting...400+

Re: Relentless

Holy crap!!

Glad he's down and safe.

Comment

Ouch. I m glad he safe, I hope they can Just put another prop on it but I suspect bad things happen when a "Prop comes apart"

Comment

I'm guessing this was the MT?? Guess we know which one is faster now!
        That sucks, Super glad Kevin is OK. Hope for no other damage. We will see.
        sb

Comment

There may have been a fire. There might be some significant airframe damage. This is all second hand and this point. Hoping for the best, I don't want to see my favorite down for the count yet.
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

It was a pretty loud pop and thump out here in the valley
            a pylon judge has told us..prop still missing. Small fire on the front of the airplane. Fire is out, Plane is at the end of 8. And the best news HE IS FINE
            thank god
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Witnessed this event. Kevin did an outstanding job recovering and getting down on the ground. Don't need a look at it to know this bird is done for this round.

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk View Post
                Witnessed this event. Kevin did an outstanding job recovering and getting down on the ground. Don't need a look at it to know this bird is done for this round.
                Great to know he's down safe, bummer to think we wont see any NXT's this year..

Comment

Thats too bad. Relentless seems to have some bad luck. All that really matters is he is ok. Was it a total deadstick landing? He has some experience with that. (referencing that intense youtube video)

This will make the super sport a bit more interesting though.

Comment

Yep,
                    Guessing we just got in-cockpit HD video that is even more scary than Dave Morss' Lancair 4 prop shucking event. That video scared the crap out of me. But I also learned a lot from it.
                    sb

Comment

ahh you are correct, that video is Dave Morss not Kevin Eldrige.

Comment

Sounds like it may have been a "no stick" landing if they're still looking for the prop. Kevin does have some emergency landing experience with Relentless. He put it down it in a field a few years back. I believe it was in New Mexico somewhere.

Glad to hear he's ok. The plane can be fixed for next year...
                        Sky Critter

Comment

Unofficial report is that Relentless is basically a write off. Plane caught fire from the firewall forward after landing. Not a good day for Kevin
                          Last edited by comancheflyer; 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM.
                          1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                            Sounds like it may have been a "no stick" landing if they're still looking for the prop. ...
                            Just call me Captain Obvious!

Comment

Man that's no good.

Comment

Working...
                              X