Sunday Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Afternoon

Pretty good unlimited session today. Nothing like watchng two Tiger Cats pound arround the course at the same time lap after lap -thanks to whoever bought the gas for that!

The top dogs also flew (except for Ridge Runner and the Ghost). Bear made a short flight (and maybe a second one after hours - thought I heard him from the back yard). Strega did it's normal high pattern, seemingly effortlessly, and Voodoo turned in a bunch of laps.

Voodoo looks great and sounded great also. I wonder if they've got something for the top two? I thought I heard last year they had an in house engine program. Any body got any info on that?

Re: Sunday Afternoon

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
    Pretty good unlimited session today. Nothing like watchng two Tiger Cats pound arround the course at the same time lap after lap -thanks to whoever bought the gas for that!

The top dogs also flew (except for Ridge Runner and the Ghost). Bear made a short flight (and maybe a second one after hours - thought I heard him from the back yard). Strega did it's normal high pattern, seemingly effortlessly, and Voodoo turned in a bunch of laps.

Voodoo looks great and sounded great also. I wonder if they've got something for the top two? I thought I heard last year they had an in house engine program. Any body got any info on that?
    Last year's efforts were completed within 60 days of Reno (a miracle by itself) with a real "mouse motor". Mikey and Kerch were injected into an already awesome team. The results were great except for the smoked piston on Sunday. With a year to prepare, the team looks really good. The "mouse motor" at 80" Hg while running on the test stand pissed off the Sanders brothers down the road. I think that the Voodoo is the real deal this year. JC, Frank, Mikey, Kerch, Will, Bob, et. al. have come to play.

Comment

Re: Sunday Afternoon

Thanks for the info. The Voodoo qualifying run sounded sweet. It sure is nice to see Merlins running hard and living again!

Comment

Working...
      X