RENO 2010 Saturday Photo Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENO 2010 Saturday Photo Feature

Well I'm going to try to post up some photo features.. Many new fans and people who find the message board intimidating, will miss photos and news about our wonderful Air Races and Air Show.. For that reason, these photo reports are aimed more at the new fan, rather than those of us who have a bit more information in our memory banks.. so forgive the somewhat simplified photo captions..

Enjoy the feature, I HOPE to be able to find the time to do something of this type nearly every day.. however.. it DOES take a boatload of time... so I may not be able to pull it off..

OK.. it's nearly 3:00PM and I'm going to head out for some late day photography... Hopefully I'll get some nice sunset stuff.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: RENO 2010 Saturday Photo Feature

Thanks! I'm trying to help let "the rest of the world" know about this event!

In days gone by, if you didn't reserve your hotel room by now, you'd be pretty well out of luck... The google ads are even showing rooms available in Reno for the Air Race week!!

A person just finding this could probably book a room, make plans and be there for the best event they have ever witnessed...

Again, gonna try to keep the reports flowing but it does take SOO much time out of actually "being there".......

I'm too old to stay up till 4:00AM doing this stuff like I did 12-13 years ago when we REALLY did do that... (the zero dark four Oclock stuff)...

Man, those were the days.. (being YOUNGER!)

Thanks again and enjoy.. hope to have more later tonight..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is very appreciated. I'm not able to go this year and feel like a fish out of water. Hope to be back next year.

Mike Barnard

GO #77

Comment

Awesome feature Wayne. Is it me or are all the planes sharper, glossy, and just plain beautiful?
        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Hey Wayne,

All are Awesome pictures, but I must admit that I was mesmerized by the Voodoo pic for some time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to keep the remote guys up to date. I've been following your site for about 10 years. I haven't been able to make it yet, but when I do, I'm going to track you down, shake your hand and say THANKS! Until then, THANKS!

Comment

Looks good Wayne, I can hardly wait to see that 'wulf.

Comment

Wayne, your photos are top notch! I feel like I'm there.

John

Comment

Thanks, Wayne! For those of us who can't be at the races this year, pictures like this are a bit of "life support"

Comment

WOW.. thanks!! As for the sharpness.. I have a really good camera.. it's somewhat "old school" now after the few years since I bought it (still paying for it!) It's a 12 megapixle Nikon D2x and it is just the sweetest camera I have ever shot... not that I have been at this long enough to have shot that many!

I was truly one of the early converts to DSLR photography.. for the initiated... DSLR is the digital replacement for the big film cameras that the "pro's" shoot.. They are big, heavy, used to use film, now use a really big chip and to own one and be able to use it in the environment that I get to use it..

Pure joy!

That I still have a steady enough hand and the desire to produce the best shots possible.. I can only thank the great spirit that I have the tool to help me attempt..

The shots really are sharp!.. I was very pleased to see that they turned out sooooo well!

I will also attribute skills taught to me by Mark Kallio in how to resize images and sharpen them with great care to get the most from what the camera recorded..

You oughta see what Mark could have done with these raw images tho!!

Thanks again, your kind comments make it worth the effort... I'll see how much I can do with today's shots before I have to give in and get some sleep..

Not much new, really, just different light so I'll prolly wait and do it later...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X