Hello in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello in the house!

Hi Wayne - remember back in the day when the message boards would get 50 posts a day? Kinda miss that. Oh well, saw ya in here so I thought I'd just say howdy and build up my post count

All the best,

Mark K
    Mark K....

Mark,

How is the wife doing? good news that it was not a bad as the initial reports said.

I need to build up my post #s as well.

Comment

Hey Mark.. Yep... I do remember.. it is pretty slow these days but you and I have not been as busy at it lately to give 'em the grist to chew on..

Seems I'm at the computer most of the time but hardly ever have time to do much on this site.. gotta make a livin' somehow!!

Both of us pretty busy and now (as I read on your MB) you've got some pretty gnarly at home problems as well. Was good to hear that Kim was not too badly injured! Kinda hard on that Stang tho ey!

Ahh.. Hey Wolfee... ewe sort of stuck on a pretty good number there.. mebie ought to leave it for a while...

Hang in there Mark!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just back checking things out (lost every bookmark in the great hard drive crash of '02)

Looks like I have a lot of reading and catching up to do....
        the other Wayne................

Comment

I hear that Wayne - but there's two ways to look at it. Since this is a spare time hobby deal... a little motivation from the rank and file would go a long way to get things in gear. It's a two way street baby - when the fans virtually stop showing support &/or enthusiasm for the sites - how the heck are we supposed to be motivated to get stuff done when we have other things to do that are just as fun, and even profitable (to a degree)? In other words, the spark has to be there for the fire to start. No spark - no fire. Anyway - not meaning to sound like I'm griping about it or anything - it just is what it is.

Yeah - I'm a busy little home hubby lately. Man, you really do take for granted all the stuff that needs to be done to keep the house humming right along until you have to get in there and do it yourself. I am finding that I am quite anal about cleaning though... I was always OK with whatever the wife did and when, but I'm fining myself spending hours on what should only take a few minutes. I gotta have it spotless - hell, I even cleaned up the computer room today (something that's been needing to be done for about 1 year now <hahahahaha>. Reguardless, I've been off since last week Monday to take care of the wife & the house, but it's been far from a vacation. I'm beat dude.

Thanks for the kind setiments on the wife. She's doing great and I should be back to work in a couple of days now (for some needed rest & relaxation ). the Cobra is history, but when all this settles down and we can get back on track, hard to say what will be the new garage mate for the yellow beastie.

OK - better get back to it. Have fun, and as always.......

All the best,

Mark K
          Mark K....

Comment

I hear that Wayne - but there's two ways to look at it. Since this is a spare time hobby deal... a little motivation from the rank and file would go a long way to get things in gear. It's a two way street baby - when the fans virtually stop showing support &/or enthusiasm for the sites - how the heck are we supposed to be motivated to get stuff done when we have other things to do that are just as fun, and even profitable (to a degree)? In other words, the spark has to be there for the fire to start. No spark - no fire. Anyway - not meaning to sound like I'm griping about it or anything - it just is what it is.
            Yea... it always seemed to be a bit slow about this time of year, but then, we are growing ever closer aren't we!

Frankly, I've been so busy with projects, both trying to make a living for myself, and trying to help the Rare Bear guys/gals make enough bux to get the airplane in the show, trying to help Ladd and Lefty get "White Lightnin'" on a similar track as Rare Bear.. doin some other sites for a few bux.... I don't even get much of a chance to get in here that often myself!!

Ahh... can you say... Picture Of the aahh... Month.. maybe

It just seems to get away from a guy if you don't stay on top of it... constantly... and therein lies the rub I guess..

Yeah - I'm a busy little home hubby lately. Man, you really do take for granted all the stuff that needs to be done to keep the house humming right along until you have to get in there and do it yourself. I am finding that I am quite anal about cleaning though... I was always OK with whatever the wife did and when, but I'm fining myself spending hours on what should only take a few minutes. I gotta have it spotless - hell, I even cleaned up the computer room today (something that's been needing to be done for about 1 year now <hahahahaha>. Reguardless, I've been off since last week Monday to take care of the wife & the house, but it's been far from a vacation. I'm beat dude.
            Boy, don't I know what you mean there! Since being a single guy now for.. what.. about 4 some odd years.. it's ALL up to me! HA HA!! Clean up the computer room?? My ENTIRE apartment IS the computer room!!

After 30yrs or so of married "life" it has been an adjustment, to be sure! At least, I don't, too often, have to answer the question.. "What are you doing on that computer all those hours?"

Thanks for the kind setiments on the wife. She's doing great and I should be back to work in a couple of days now (for some needed rest & relaxation ). the Cobra is history, but when all this settles down and we can get back on track, hard to say what will be the new garage mate for the yellow beastie.
            Yep, from the looks of those pix, that could have been a REALLY bad one! I gave up my "hot rod" when I became single, most guys would probably have gone the other way and wanted the "Speeder" when they were single.. I'm afraid, I'm a 4x4 type guy now.. I want some IRON around me and too much weight to get goin' too fast too quick! Gimme something that goes fast, easily, and I'll make it go faster, harder... not a good mix!

Hopefully, yer all insured and this won't be a kick in the pants (the wrong kind) and you can get just what she always wanted.. or another Stang! What to heck.. gotta get back on the horse!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, if you need some help on the Rare Bear or Lefty gig - hit me up. No one form either of those teams has contacted me for anything (unlike last year when thety asked for me to help spread the word) - so I've just been sitting here with my thumb up my "nose".

I've been working on one other site - for free oil for the Cobra <hehe>. We all have projects in the works - but hopefully I'll be able to devote more time to the P1 site in the future. It's still my first love, and as they say, you never really get over your first.

Speaking of picture of the week - I best get crackin before I forget

Mark K
              Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                Well, if you need some help on the Rare Bear or Lefty gig - hit me up. No one form either of those teams has contacted me for anything (unlike last year when thety asked for me to help spread the word) - so I've just been sitting here with my thumb up my "nose".

I've been working on one other site - for free oil for the Cobra <hehe>. We all have projects in the works - but hopefully I'll be able to devote more time to the P1 site in the future. It's still my first love, and as they say, you never really get over your first.

Speaking of picture of the week - I best get crackin before I forget

Mark K
                Mark, I can "officially" unofficially say that they need the help, however ya can give it...

Sharon sent out a sort of "press release" update that, frankly, I've not had time to post either on their site or aafo... did you get a copy??

If not.. I'll ding Sharon and let her know..

I'd bet, even the wrenchs on Dago would want to see Bear there...

Jeezus.. it's been so long since we've had a really good "Bear/Stang" battle...

WOW>... Skipper and Penney mixen it up... Hummn.. Could Tige sit still if it were a for sure that Bear would be there??

Tige drops in here once in a while.. he's got his name tag on the hidden list so he don't show but us admins see him.. so I know he's watchin this..

I also know.. he needs $$ to be there.. *sigh*

Hell... I need bux to be there ;0

Our motor home sponsor flew the coop after last year so we're gonna beg room from the Bear guys until the GF shows for the weekend and then it's hotel time..

Man.. I can't tell you how long it's been since I got TWO showers a day at Reno!

Yea YEA... I know.. You COULD tell

Serious... you get a choice when in one of those rented type jobs.. one shot a day.. do more and you get one day's worth.. (really small tanks) I *HAVE* run out... yea yea... I know.. you could tell

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi again Wayne - no, I didn't think I got the press release (well, I can't seem to locate it now anyway). With all the spam that runs through my email box, it's a miracle I get anything besides spam now-a-days I would post it if I had a copy though. I did the treatment for the Rare Bear gig - hope it helps. I know everyone would be looking forward to seeing the Bear at Reno this year - so hopefully that will happen.

Can't really say I've ever had the pleasure to motorhome-it at the event. But from the sounds of it, I think I've gotton off easy. I'm spoiled rotten on the hotel accomadations at JAs Nugget. And dude - if you need a shower, just holler. I promise I won't peek

Mark K
                  Mark K....

Comment

Hi again Wayne - no, I didn't think I got the press release (well, I can't seem to locate it now anyway). With all the spam that runs through my email box, it's a miracle I get anything besides spam now-a-days I would post it if I had a copy though. I did the treatment for the Rare Bear gig - hope it helps. I know everyone would be looking forward to seeing the Bear at Reno this year - so hopefully that will happen.
                    Mark, I don't think it was really a "PR" exactly, just a mailing from Sharon's "Fan Sponsor" list I think.. I never did it in "story" format either, but copied it to a message down a bit on the main index for this section. I just put it up on their site with a batch of pictures also and plan just linking to it.

Boy... Don't I know about SPAM!! You were gracious enough to refer Julie Clark's people to me for a redo on their website and I received an email from them back in September, or somewhere thereabouts... (Meant to write you and thank you for that!)Problem is.. I did not actually "get" it until sometime in November when I finally decided to dig through all the SPAM leftover from the Reno rush and found it.

I had no idea that I'd missed something from someone actually to me.. I *try* to weed out all of that stuff daily but at Reno, I can barely just get through it and sometimes miss doing it for a day or so and then, obviously, miss stuff I should NOT miss..

Needless to say, by the time I did finally respond, I do not think they were terribly impressed because, I did not hear back.. *sigh*

I APPRECIATE the reference and I coulda' used the bux!

*One* of these days, I'm going to put on my linux cap and dig in and do the SPAM filter thing at the server... There are quite a few fairly complete "How-To's" but... I have to be in linux mode before those HT's even begin to make sense in the first place!

Can't really say I've ever had the pleasure to motorhome-it at the event. But from the sounds of it, I think I've gotton off easy. I'm spoiled rotten on the hotel accomadations at JAs Nugget. And dude - if you need a shower, just holler. I promise I won't peek
                    Ah.. a "mixed" blessing at best! Until last year, I paid for a "high" speed access line into John Parker's hangar at American Air Racing for a month each time we were there... (can you say... SPENDY!) and it was only one of those 128kbps things!

This last year, they were nice enough to let us tap into their DSL line that they had put in over the summer between "Reno's" and that saved me a LOT of change (not to mention, working a lot faster) but the shower thing and just being "stuck" there is the mixed blessing part of it..

Yea, it's really neat to hear all the action all night, that's for sure... I'll miss that a bunch! But calling it a day is never an option for a 10 day stretch when doing the "Motor Home Marathon" and by the end of Reno.. I'm thinking.. "was that fun?"

Again.. I will miss a lot about the being out there 24/7 thing to be sure! But getting that twice daily shower will be a hoot!

Sort of funny story (to me anyway) in '00 when I worked with Dave deVos, Mitch Carley and Jeff Lee doing the World of Wings (pilot) one day that I was scheduled to be all clean and purty for the camera.. I ran out of holding tank! GAAAA!! HORROR!!!

Managed to get "clean" (at least my hair) but I don't think anybody wanted to stand downwind of me.. (ever notice on the closing day stuff on that show *if you saw it* that everyone's standing upwind o' me )

Ahhhh.... The smell of "High Octane" in the afternoon!!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X