Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo

I flew over to Yolo County this afternoon and stopped by the Voodoo Hangar. I talked to Bob and Kerch among others. They are pretty much down to paint and polish. I found the crew putting on the credits and color sanding the new paint. They are done flight testing and Kerch seems pretty happy that the thrash is behind them. They are expecting top notch competition, but then Kerch said, what fun would it be for anyone if there wasn't any competition.

The new wing looks really good. It is straight, smooth and very slick. They have also done a bit of work on the horizontal stabilizer and the turtle deck. They are still running the scoop and radiator. One mod at a time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 09-06-2010, 08:48 PM.
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Re: Voodoo

Glad you were able to stop in and chat. I've spent a few days over there this summer during testing. The work on the wing and turtledeck has been mostly cosmetic in nature, along with the entire airframe getting a very good physical look. It is one clean wing! Looking forward to Reno!

Michael
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mluvara; 09-06-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Nice pix...thanks Bill...See ya next week.

Comment

Yeah turtle deck!

Comment

Originally posted by spinner View Post
          Nice pix...thanks Bill...See ya next week.
          Hey Steve, Bernie was at Yolo and says you licked your vibration problem. Great news!!!! I assume that means Brant n Sparky will be rounding the sticks again this year. I look forward to seeing that
          Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 09-09-2010, 12:37 PM.
          Bill Garnett
          InterstellarDust
          Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Be there for sure Bill. Eng guys had the quill shaft 4 notches out of time. Been a long expensive year for us. See ya there.
            Attached Files

Comment

At least you guys found it. Did it manage to beat anything up before you found it or did you just have the cost of another tear down? Good luck, we'll see ya'll next week.
              Last edited by wyhdah; 09-09-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spinner View Post
                Be there for sure Bill. Eng guys had the quill shaft 4 notches out of time. Been a long expensive year for us. See ya there.
                V-12s shop tore it appart. Brant and their head wrench found the glitch. We didnt pay anything this time except that is for the 700mi rounder from Vaca to Tehatchapeepee..2 night stay at the hotel..food..gas.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X