Stadium seat back thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium seat back thingies

Heard a rumor today that they were not going to allow those cushioned seat back thingies this year. Anybody heard or can confirm. Thanks Rad

Re: Stadium seat back thingies

Originally posted by Bigger Al
    Wouldn't surprise me. Probably try to pass them off as some sort of security risk like they did picnic lunches and sodas.
    I think that's because a few mean and nasty people have been suspected of stuffing their picnic lunches and sodas INTO their stadium seatback thingies.... which is a HUGE security risk. I'm glad they are on top of this one ;-)
    Last edited by Pete; 09-06-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Give them a break. You never know when someone will cleverly disguise a nuclear bomb as a PBJ sanwich. They are just keeping us safe from ourselves, confiscating our celery sticks and water in favor of what we SHOULD be eating. Ribs, burgers, texas onions and beer.

Last edited by Leo; 09-06-2010, 09:42 AM.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Whew! Thank God they're checking for PB&J's this year and restricting the use of seat back cushions! It was getting out of hand...all those folks sitting on those cushy butt-gaskets eating home-made food to save a nickle, instead of the hot aluminum benches and paying 8$ for a $%&$in' burger!

Come on, RARA. Spend your time, efforts, and resources on things that really matter...like, oh, I dunno...MARKETING?! ADVERTISING?!

OK, now that my evil twin has had his say....
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

ssshhhhh. RARA is listening...
          And yeah, some years the pile of confiscated stuff is huge.
          Really though, every year the rumor mill tells us no EVERYTHING. I usually get through with my meager lunch and a bottle or two of water, my chair, my camera equipment, my sunblock and the clothes on my back.
          In their defense, checking bags can be difficult (I supervise it every stinking weekends at concerts) and doubly so for volunteers that really are following someones instructions to the letter without using any judgement. If they use a little judgement, they will let you in with essentials. The safety part is the obvious, weapons, drugs, alcohol. The rest is revenue, making sure you have to buy what you want THERE, and almost all shows do it. Many make the bulk of their income from concessions, not tickets so they like to make sure you have to buy their stuff.
          I find that being courteous and cooperative to them helps, tho sometimes they be a$$es. It makes you into a non-threat to them and they will tend to work with you, unless some over-acheaver super has given them a hard-line to follow. Also, if you see the person before you treat them like dirt, be sympathetic. It puts most at ease and they will cooperate with YOU.
          Just remember they are doing their job (admittedly sometimes badly) no matter how much we don't like it!
          Of course, there are some that just have to be the bag Nazi's also...
          Last edited by Leo; 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM.
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Every year I bring in 2 liters of water, some shell on peantus and two sandwhiches and fruit. Only on one occasion was I challenged about the food, I softly replied that my Dr dosnt want me eating greasy food. I was let through with a warm "Enjoy the races Sir".
            I think its just a matter of bringing common sense things and not going overboard.

Comment

On the stadium seat rumor... Ive been waiting for this for awhile. Some stadium seats these days overshoot the back of the bench thus invading the space of the person behind. Most, like mine, do not. Im sure weve all seen the ones that lean back at about a 40 degree angle and hang off the back of the bench.
              Kinda like those people who set up on the front row off the flightline at an airshow and erect a beach umbrella.
              It's a shame that common courtesy often needs to be regulated.

Terry Fautley

Comment

Good point Terry.Hope RARA looks at seats that overhang and not let them in whereas the ones that do not are let in.Some folks need that for their backs while long durations of sitting.Just shows that some people don't have the common courtesy in that way.Then we all have to suffer.
                Bill.

Comment

I am more concerned with people who "reserve" their "GENERAL" admission
                  seat cushions in the Grandstands and leave them there overnight* for the following day of racing.
                  Then wondering into the General admission Grandstands around 11 AM the next day expecting "Their seats" to be waiting for them.
                  Rampking

Comment

I am more concerned with people who "reserve" their "GENERAL" admission
                    seat cushions in the Grandstands and leave them there overnight* for the following day of racing.
                    Then wondering into the General admission Grandstands around 11 AM the next day expecting "Their seats" to be waiting for them.
                    That's been happening for years and some get violent when they find them moved or gone.
                    Last year on one of the days we had set up on the ramp. Some dude came in about 10 and started sqeezing in, moving things around and such. Once the people next to me gave up and moved he proceeded to set up his tripod, huge camera and seating, blocking everything in one direction of my view. He was rude about it when asked to move back a foot or so. All friggin' day he was on top of me and several times I got hit with a lens when he panned into my head. A real jerk. He is also a poster on several of these sites and runs a photo site so should know better.
                    We're all there for the same thing, some just don't know how to act in public!
                    My food and water, I just let them know I am diabetic if they question it and off I go. They have to be reasonable... well, they should be!
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X