Sport Class Rare Bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Class Rare Bear?

Check it out! I can see the paint job now.

Taking off topic.. REAL BEAR

LOL! I can't wait to see one of those in "Bear Paint"....

But....

Hating to beat a dead horse here but...!!

Another announcement is coming soon from the "REAL" Bear camp...

The airplane is flying and about as race ready as she's been in years again.. the BUT thang.......

There is one "little" problem with all of this..

The team needs money for Insurance or.. they don't fly at Reno in 2003... period...

I've been really close to this project, maybe even too close to maintain true "journalistic" impartiality but I don't care.. I'm not going to sit back and watch those guys bleed (actually) on that airplane to get this thing done and then have it not happen because a sponsor to buy insurance can not be found..

It's not like they can just run without the insurance, Reno will not allow a racer to be in the show without it.. so, it's got to get done..

The total bill, from what I gather, is something in excess of 20 grand..

Lessee... if she only had 20 fans, that'd be about a grand apiece... hummn... if she only had about 1000 fans, 20 bucks apeace.. wow...

Anybody wanna take a stab at how many REAL fans this airplane actually has??

20,000??

More??

Less??

I realize I've taken this thread totally off topic but as the guy who does the Rare Bear website, I "get" to know about the needs and also get to do my best to help get the word out and beat the drum to help the team make it happen....

This message is for EVERYONE, even those who will fly against the Bear.. we all want to see this happen...

Lyle Shelton has given his personal "fortune" up for this airplane over the years, now he can't shell out the bux to make it happen anymore because, well, frankly, he does not have them to shell...

DIG IN DIG IN DEEP... PULL OUT A TWENTY SEND IT IN! GET THE BEAR IN THE AIR FOR 2003!

Let's make it happen fans!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Totally agree with everything you said, Wayne.

If it will get the Bear to the show, you can hijack my threads anytime.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
        Totally agree with everything you said, Wayne.

If it will get the Bear to the show, you can hijack my threads anytime.

Don
        LOL!!! Thanks Don....

We're gonna be beating the drum a lot until this happens.. I got the fever being down there with the team last month...

These guys (the team) are something to watch! They truly have the spirit.... one (Scott Lister) had a broken collar bone, arm in sling.. "Lefty" is his new call sign!

Darn near every sticker on the airplane was put on by "Lefty"..

We can't let those guys down! 1000's of man hours have gone into the airplane.. that equates to many $1000's in time spent by the crew... they are fans...

We are fans..

We gotta help!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

BEAR 360

Is'nt that Skip Holm doing the honors?
          I seem to remember an article on this in either Air Classics or Warbids.

Comment

Re: BEAR 360

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Is'nt that Skip Holm doing the honors?
            I seem to remember an article on this in either Air Classics or Warbids.
            The last I heard, yes, Skip was either involved with or responsible for the Bear 360. Have not herd much about the project in over a year though (probably closer to two years)

Maybe someone else knows something??

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: BEAR 360

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              The last I heard, yes, Skip was either involved with or responsible for the Bear 360. Have not herd much about the project in over a year though (probably closer to two years)

Maybe someone else knows something??

Wayne
              Saw photo's of it in Sun N' Fun 2006 gallery, anybody know what's happening with it.

Paul

Comment

Re: Sport Class Rare Bear?

The latest info I have on this Skip Holms enterprise. Skip has been working on this project for many years and it promises to be very interesting when it hits the course. I beleive all the flight testing has been accomplished and the prototype is in Matt Jacksons hands waiting to be finished. It should have been finished by now, but it has been slipped back for one reason or another. Perhaps Matt can chime in to give us all an update. This interesting concept will soon be a reality, and it will be thrilling to see one or two campaigning in the sport class. All I have at this point.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave.
                  Paul

Comment

New Bear 360 video from AVweb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw7GG...layer_embedded

Blake
                    www.BapApps.com/iPlaneSpotter

Comment

Oops. I left out their website:

http://bearaircraft.com/

Blake

Comment

Hmmm, looks like fun. I like the brochure with the spinning prop & ghost pilot at the controls.

Matt
                        Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                        NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

I just got back from Osh and saw that airplane there but never had a moment to check out what it was. Thanks for the link. I even went through Dickinson ND on the way back. However, I fell in lust with the clean lines on this one though.........

If it was a retract it would be near perfect.

GP
                          Last edited by gp70442; 08-02-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Is this a kit or a production aircraft? If it's production doesn't that keep it out of the sport class?

Good looking airplane though.

If found a good summary of who's doing what in sport class this year:
                            Home of the Sport Class that races during the annual Reno Air Races held in Reno Nevada.

Wayne: with all the money that will depart my wallet in a little over six weeks I certainly could let a few of those dollars go to making sure the Bear is in the mix. It'll be a sacrifice though, one less beer a day.

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                              There was originally discussion of a retractable version, not sure how far along that idea went....

I agree, a lot pretty lines..

Love to see one of the photo-shop guys, cut down that huge canopy on the Bear, and give it a larger spinner.....

Comment

Working...
                              X