hay boys and girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hay boys and girls

my RARE BEAR will be at the reno air races on Sunday from 9 until the unlimited gold starts. be nice i have never done a serious conversion like this before but i hope it looks as nice as the real thing. i consider it my first draft as it were. so hope to see all of you there.

Re: hay boys and girls

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
    my RARE BEAR will be at the reno air races on Sunday from 9 until the unlimited gold starts. be nice i have never done a serious conversion like this before but i hope it looks as nice as the real thing. i consider it my first draft as it were. so hope to see all of you there.
    Where are you going to have it? Will it be on display somewhere?

Comment

at the rare bear booth

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
        Could you post some pics here BearClaw? I may be interested in buying one from you.

Comment

"Rare Bear booth" Do you think that will be in the pits or the Aviation Classics hanger. Last year they worked out of the hanger.

Comment

I didn't notice t-shirt sales at the hangar last year - I had to go into the pits next to their trailer to buy my stuff.

2000 miles and closing fast,

Tom

Comment

will be in the pit area. i am making this rare bear as a test model to show the team my idea. when i get there permission to make my own resin parts then i will start trying to cast stuff. but yes come see it. remember all of the markings on it are painted on. but as we all know it takes time to start a business. but any thing new with the business will be announced hear. and i will not give up on this idea at all.

Comment

OK have some good news and some bad news

the good news it looks like i will have my rare bear done in time for the races on Sunday

bad news the 3 spray colors I'm using made by testors are now out of production. but i am going to try and talk to the team and see if they know what the real paint is like if it house of color than I'm safe.

but can wait for you to see it ans the kit is the famous hawk/testers bearcat. but the conversion i will make will be for the the academy kit witch has a lot more detail

Comment

ok just to let every body know i sprayed the yellow and will wait all night for it to dry the i will do the orange tomarrow with the checker boards tomarrow wish me luck then monday the main purple gose on. then after that its the name on the bottom of the wing and other i hope to have it done by this friday

Comment

English, english.

Please write and speak proper English.

I'll be happy to check out your model, and I definitely appreciate your affinity for the Bear, but please check your grammar before posting.

I can't speak for everyone on this board, but from my standpoint it drives me Nuts whenever you post. I'm nothing but a lowly mechanic, but I do appreciate proper grammar in the post.

Not trying to piss you off, it's just one of those things that makes my head hurt.

Can't wait to see the model,

Tom
                    Last edited by bulldawg66; 09-11-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

i really hope it turns out ok.

Comment

Hey now... Lay off the Bearclaw. Grammar and punctuation are not as important as Air Racing enthusiasm and discussion.

Comment

OK to update every body the white and yellow went on fine. but of coarse the orange was a disaster on the wings and tail area. I will be ordering a new thing of orange and will have it fixed in time. I hope that after that is the name on both sides and the pin stripe. And thin the name and number on the bottom of the left wing

Comment

OK so just to up date every body.all of the parts that have to be orange are orange. the right wing. the can picked up the pigment way on the bottom of the can so its darker than the rest of the parts i will try an fix as best i can. than to Day i do the purple later today. but i swear it will be at reno on Sunday.

Comment

Dont rush yourself to meet some hypothetical deadline. A prefect Model that is late is better then a so-so model that is on time.

I know from experiance that rushing the modeling process can lead to disaster.

If it isnt done on time pictures on the website will be just as good for most people.

I am looking forward to seeing your finished product regardless of when its done.

Have you seen that new 1/32 scale RB-51 kit? Pretty amazing but its $199.99!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X