Man O War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man O War

What's the latest with Man O War? I see it's on the Sept cover of Pacific Flyer. Was it sold? who owns it now?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    10 days to Reno
    Dave

Re: Man O War

Man O War is my all time favorite flying, stock P-51. I've seen it many times at Chino over the years but haven't seen it lately, I'm on the east coast now. Is Chino still it's home base?

Comment

Originally posted by catalinadave View Post
      What's the latest with Man O War? I see it's on the Sept cover of Pacific Flyer. Was it sold? who owns it now?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
      10 days to Reno
      There is an agreement in place between the CAF So. California Wing and the estate that is going to allow the CAF wing to operate it and sell rides from their base in Camarillo. Check their website for more information.
      RIDES Experience The Thrill of Flight aboard a WWII Vintage Warbird Learn More DONATE Support us through the Friends of the Museum program Learn More VISIT Open Friday thru Sunday Learn More Paver Bricks Memorialize a Loved One at CAF SoCal

Chris
      CAF B-29/ B-24 Sqd. PIO

Comment

I was at Oshkosh in the mid eighties with my dad walking thru the warbird area and I met Jeff Ethell. I asked him about Man O War and he walked me over and introduced me to Elmer Ward and ask him if I could take alook on the wing, Elmer said jump in and look around. I like the Spitfire joy stick in it. I have a picture somewhere, one day hopefully I'll find it.

I like Man O War's paint job along with Nooky Booky 4th & Shangra la on the D model, probably my top 3.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Man O' War flew at Santa Paula and Camarillo last month.
          Attached Files
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Victor, nice photo's. Some times I wonder why I even try to take pictures.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

Wow, awesome photos. I've never seen this Mustang before, but I like the paint job. Never seen another one like it.

Thanks,
              Will

Comment

Man o War is hangared at the Western Museum of Flight's hangar at KTOA. It is flown occasionally. My understanding is that the airplane belongs to the Ward estate. (Elmer passed away some time ago). I could be wrong as to M o W's current ownership.

Comment

I got a ride in Man-O-War in 1980 for the price of helping wipe it down.
                  Just walked up and it was offered. A VERY class act.
                  It is a warbird with a cool history, from movie prop to warbird and one of the very early ones to accurately represent a heroes mount.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

It's at Camarillo airport SoCal I think the CAF has it now

Comment

Working...
                    X