Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's about time! (Wanna ride in an F-4?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time! (Wanna ride in an F-4?)

- From Aero-news.net -

Take a Flight Into History -- FAA Approves Collings' F-4 and A-4 Rides

- NOTE: the F-4 Phantom program is $12,500, while the A-4 Skyhawk is $7,800.

Worth it? Do bees go "BUZZZZ"? Oh yeah, it's worth it!

Full article text and details at: aero-news.net <--click link

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-03-2010, 05:45 PM.

Re: It's about time! (Wanna ride in an F-4?)

Wish I could afford to, but I can make it to the next 10 air races for the cost of the A-4 ride.

Comment

The F4D is worth $12,000. The F-4 with the tail code FP 680 bring back memories I was based with 680 in the Vietnam era it was one of Robin Olds mounts, and Col. Olds was my Base Commander in 1967. I was in the 8th TFW. If could afford it I would do it. I'm glad the FAA cleared them to sell rides in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Airracer75 View Post
        The F4D is worth $12,000. The F-4 with the tail code FP 680 bring back memories I was based with 680 in the Vietnam era it was one of Robin Olds mounts, and Col. Olds was my Base Commander in 1967. I was in the 8th TFW. If could afford it I would do it. I'm glad the FAA cleared them to sell rides in it.
        Just so you know, that aircraft is not really 680 or Olds' airplane, it's just painted up to represent it.

For years, that F-4 was painted up like Col. Ritchie's 6 Mig Killer mount. Ritchie himself flew the Collings foundation's F-4 for several years, until they had a "falling out", so Collings decided to repaint the plane in Col. Olds' colors to honor the man and all SEA vets.

It looks nice doesn't it?

BTW, the Collings foundation is currently in the process of obtaining a two seat F-105 from the DOD. There are many, many obstructionist forces at work to try to prevent that from happening, including General Metcalf, the head of the Air Force Museum and the Air Force Chief of Staff. It will probably take an act of Congress, just like it did with the F-4 to obtain the 105. If this does happen, they fully intend on offering "flight experiences" with the 105, just like the F-4 and A-4.

If you really want this to happen, contact your local Congressperson, and write them a letter in support of Collings obtaining the 105. They really need your help, as they are fighting a losing battle on this one.

Comment

Nothing like a little F-4 time next to the Challenger trip in the logbook...

Lynn

Comment

F-4B my last ride earned me $55.00 of flight pay. For that month. Took a lot of 308 chi-com hits. Trapped the cable in bound to Danang. Wow ride for $55.00.
            Mystical Power

Comment

Oh yes I know its just a repaint...............it still bring back flash backs.

Comment

Shoot, I can't afford to ride in a Cessna! Would be awsome though!
                Tony

Comment

Let's see, $12,500 equates to roughly 4,200 trips from Stead to town...
                  If I stay home for the next 14 years, I could just about cover it.
                  Decisions, decisions.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

How about an F4U-whatever!? That's all I ever wanted.
                    Best Wishes to the Collings Foundation.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mgbf4u; 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X