App for racin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App for racin'

For those of you with an iPhone, RARA has just released an app for the races!

"Air Races" is the name of the app for iTunes downloads.

We'll see how well it works in a couple of weeks!

Tom

Re: App for racin'

Nice. It's on my home page right next to my bookmark of the forum.
    pylon judge, race fan

Comment

Sorry, I was downloading the app while typing the original post.

Lots of race info, to include pics of the plane and the driver! Class info plus a map of the course.

Sweet pic of you and Knotty, Phillip! Same for you, Mr. Eldridge! (kinda looks like the poster in my house, though)

Mr. Lewis, again I bow my head to you - you give me reason to live, because my heart seems to beat like a radial engine. Thank you for bringing Glacier Girl for us to admire and see in flight, Here, Kitty Kitty and your ride (Big Bossman - Yay!!) to go along with....

The One, The Only,

RARE BEAR!!!!!

I hope to be able to get your autograph this year - got a place reserved on my hat for it!

God Bless and I'll see ya'll in 12 days!

2000 miles and closing,

Tom

Comment

Don't suppose they have an Android based app huh?

Just one more reason I hate iphones.

Comment

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours (minus the time my wife made me eat dinner) and there's lots of good stuff. Event info, race schedule for the week and 'some' videos.

In ways it's even better than the .org website!

BTW, if you can't tell, I'm a techno-geek. Had a Radio Shack Color Computer with 4k memory in 1981, an Apple IIe in '83, etc, etc, etc. (Kinda contrasts from my love of master rods, articulating rods and all, huh?)

2000 miles and closing,

Tom

Comment

I still have a working "trash 80". Has it reached collector status yet?
            Sky Critter

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that app. Any others??

Lynn

Comment

Hey Bulldawg thanks. Looks good. See how quick the updates follow.

Comment

Afternoon,

The app seems to update/load some of the pages rather slowly on my second gen ipod Touch, and the zoom and pan feature did not appear to work well for the event map. All this could be attributed to my Touch, but maybe not.

I'll be curious to see how it updates during the races when thousands of people will be accessing or attempting to access the servers that provide the data. I just hope the update speeds are comparable with the speeds of the unlimiteds.

Willie
                  Race 2 Crew Dog

Comment

It works for me. We'll see how it works at the races.

Comment

They seem to be doing pretty well at updating the databases the app uses with results, which is fantastic! Unfortunately, it crashed on me four times while looking through the different classes. A bit annoying. Anyone else using this app today with this problem?

Comment

I'm using it. No crashes but they are posting some times in the wrong place. Phantom in F-1 and Sport in Unl atm...... So far it's VERY nice to have reliable info though
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                          I'm using it. No crashes but they are posting some times in the wrong place. Phantom in F-1 and Sport in Unl atm...... So far it's VERY nice to have reliable info though
                          Agreed. I am so pleased that RARA decided to offer this to the fans for free. Gotta be honest though, I would have paid for it without blinking an eye. It costs money to do these kinds of things and I am happy to support their efforts. Maybe I'll just buy an extra hot dog or two

I realize that the information is free on the RARA website anytime, but the convenience of having an app to facilitate obtaining that information quickly is definitely worth some money.

Comment

Working...
                          X