shoot out in super sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoot out in super sport

John Sharp is sitting this year out, but the other racers are working frantically to take the title of Fastest Super Sport. Kevin Eldridge in his NXT 'Relentless' is perhaps the favorite, flying behind a modified Lycoming and a new MT prop; but the Thunder Mustangs of veteran racer John Parker flying 'Blue Thunder' is quietly working for an upset: and racer George Giboney in 'Rapid Travel' is sporting a wicked looking prop and an elegant razorback on his Thunder Mustang looking for winning speed.
    A sleek racer new to Reno is the GP 5,'Sweet Dreams' putting a racing Chevy in a small airframe with a tactical master around the pylons, Lee Behel. Another one of a kind, a modified Questair Venture 'Bad Intentions' flown by Mike Dacey with the 'Bad' habit of scouting by at the home pylon is also reaching for the Gold. And hanging in the pack are the twin turbocharged Lancair Legacy racers of Lynn Farnsworth and Tom Reynolds, the slightest wide turn or engine hiccup, and these veteran racers will eat you for lunch. It should be exciting .
    Last edited by Speed Quest; 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM.

Re: shoot out in super sport

It will definately be interesting. I'm going with Rapid Travel. Go George!
    Jeff

Comment

What happened to 3X?

Go Relentless!
      Go Bear!
      Go Ruby!

Don

Comment

Thats "Blue Thunder II"

There is a big difference, and It makes Blue II my pick to win.

Comment

Originally posted by hattend View Post
          What happened to 3X?
          Don
          See the thread Nemesis "Dream On Hold"
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

Relenless NXT gets new engine installed and first flights go flawless!!

Thank you to new sponsors at Aerosport Power and ECi!!!
            http://www.kevineldredge.com
            http://www.myairport.com
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless View Post
              Relenless NXT gets new engine installed and first flights go flawless!!

Thank you to new sponsors at Aerosport Power and ECi!!!
              Did your other engine fail, or is the new motor an upgrade in power? (Assuming everything works correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                Did your other engine fail, or is the new motor an upgrade in power? (Assuming everything works correctly)
                Aerosport Power and ECi together went through my engine 540NXT and pimped it out with everything they would think of and Then Some!!! Third day of flying and the plane is a different animal! Runs great and strong, as smooth as I have ever seen.

We start pushing it into high gear tomorrow now that everything is working good!!! I totally abandoned the high tech cooling tricks and when back to dumping the oil cooler off the back of the engine and simple scoops with the exhaust working to push out heat. Oil runs at 189f with 91 outside temp and 40+ inches continuous, very nice!!!!

I can't wait to get on the course!!!
                http://www.kevineldredge.com
                http://www.myairport.com
                sigpic

Comment

Any word on Greenamyer/Von Grote #33 making it this year?
                  Sky Critter

Comment

Kevin,

You have always been a class act. In 2007 you made 3 new fans out of my Wife, myself and our 12 year old. We have been pulling for you ever since. Here is to a good, fast, safe year and you pulling some serious hardware at the awards banquet.

Tom

Comment

We start pushing it into high gear tomorrow now that everything is working good!!! I totally abandoned the high tech cooling tricks and when back to dumping the oil cooler off the back of the engine and simple scoops with the exhaust working to push out heat. Oil runs at 189f with 91 outside temp and 40+ inches continuous, very nice!!!!

I can't wait to get on the course!!! [/QUOTE]

High gear!!! Kevin I didn't know you had a transmission installed!! Ou really are pimping out relentless!!! Can't wait to see you fly the course. Always a sight to see!!!
                      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77 View Post

I can't wait to get on the course!!!

Still running the same prop?

Comment

i dont see them on the pilots and plane roster

Comment

Working...
                          X