RARA Shuffles Sunday's Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA Shuffles Sunday's Schedule

Admittedly this may be owing to yet another synapse misfire (AKA a Senior Moment), but I note with some interest that RARA seems to have switched the order of Gold races on Sunday afternoon. The Jet Gold is set to go off at 1310hrs, a full three hours before the Unlimited but even more interesting is that this is prior to three different performers (Martin, Snowbirds, and Poe), the T-6 Gold and importantly, the Super Sports which is now just before "The Bad Boys of Air Racing."

Seems strikingly different from my recollection of previous years. If so...

Telling us something? Sending a message? If so, to whom?

Ah, let the speculation begin.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Re: RARA Shuffles Sunday's Schedule

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    Admittedly this may be owing to yet another synapse misfire (AKA a Senior Moment), but I note with some interest that RARA seems to have switched the order of Gold races on Sunday afternoon. The Jet Gold is set to go off at 1310hrs, a full three hours before the Unlimited but even more interesting is that this is prior to three different performers (Martin, Snowbirds, and Poe), the T-6 Gold and importantly, the Super Sports which is now just before "The Bad Boys of Air Racing."

Seems strikingly different from my recollection of previous years. If so...

Telling us something? Sending a message? If so, to whom?

Ah, let the speculation begin.
    Is this holding true for other days during the heat races? I hope so. It will be nice to be able to get from the pits to the fence for the unlimiteds on Sat. without having to worry about being out there during the jet races.

Comment

I think its "The Bad Boys of Motorsports!!!!!!!!!!".

Comment

any way it is said has gotten old!! I wish they tone down the announcers this year. bring back Sandy!!!

Comment

My pleasure...glad to be of service

Actually I can only hear those guys if there's an AM/FM radio nearby and then only if I haven't taken up my position on the pylon (inside the course, 90 degrees from the racing line). I heard that choice little ditty much later in the year on a video clip.

I was a bit over the top even then. Appreciate their spirit and emotion but agree...dial it down a notch Amigo.
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Come to our show in May in Madera where there are plans for no announcers and definately NO MUSIC.
            Merlins in the morning, Merlins in the evening, Merlins in the summertime...."Gathering of Warbirds" - May 21-22, 2011
            ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Even worse is "Here they come...and there they go."

Gotta have announcers or we don't know what is going on, right? Who else can tell us that the maneuver we are about to see is the "Brightling, Red Bull, Miller Genuine Draft whistling flip top of death"?

I like them announcing the players, but I really can see who is passing who!
              It's all part of the fun.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

For the last couple years the Super Sports have raced just before the Unlimiteds... at least as far as I can remember. Not so sure about the other classes.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by niki62 View Post
                  bring back Sandy!!!
                  I second the motion for Sandy. What a gem.
                  Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                  Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

I think I might have last year's schedule, maybe even 2008, in my programs for those years. If I have them, I'll scan & post them.

Comment

Most of the race fans that I now want to hear the unlimited and sport racers coming around the pylons and nothing else. I have eyes and ears and when I hear Frank "kingoftalk..." it is not air racing it’s just ESPN with poor "color background"

RARA, if you want to tell folks not watching what is happening during the race then turn OFF the tarmac speakers facing south. The rest of us paying to see and HEAR the race know what is happening. Just imagine RARA put up billboards to promote next year in front of the reserved seats so we couldn't SEE.

Please listen to your customers????

Comment

Probably a good thing...

I spoke with a "popular" pilot last year and he said that because the jet and unlimited classes were run so close together, he no longer flew in the Jet class, because he could not get the A/C back down and into the Unlimited aircraft in time to race...the unlimited A/C.

So, I guess if you double duty in the jet class and unlimited class, it's good, but conversley, i guess if you race in the super sport and unlimited classes, you would have an issue....

Comment

Working...
                        X