1st time camping in West Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time camping in West Lot

This year we will be in a motorhome in west lot . Does anyone have any experience there? I know RARA says there are water and sewer trucks that come by, but it does not say what the cost has been in the past . I am just trying to get a feel if I need to haul water in?

Tom

Re: 1st time camping in West Lot

Originally posted by degroodtt View Post
    This year we will be in a motorhome in west lot . Does anyone have any experience there? I know RARA says there are water and sewer trucks that come by, but it does not say what the cost has been in the past . I am just trying to get a feel if I need to haul water in?

Tom
    I "homed" it there for several years.. Had the water and sewer taken care of... can't remember what the charge was but call sani-hut... I think they are the folks who handle that.. As I remember, I think it was about 20-30 bux a pop...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

Just called Sani-hut. $50- to fill your fresh water and $50- to empty both your gray and black water. So $100 total.

Comment

Yikes, that's steep!

You didn't hear it here but I know folks who let the gray water "perk" (at night)...if you know what I mean. At that price I'd be inclined to walk to the nearest Sani-Hut!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

WOW..........that is expensive.........I'm staying across the street from the church this year....first time I've camped at the air races........looking forward to it. I'm filling the fresh water tank full and hopefully I won't have to have water or tanks drained. I'll be there wed night thru monday morning.
          Brian

Comment

Been RVing in the church lot the last 3 years

35 bucks in 2007 for pump out
            40 bucks in 2008
            45 bucks last year

Now $50? ...whew!

I have three 5 gallon jugs for fresh refill at Scolaris. Just syphon it into the fresh tank...cost about 3 or 4 bucks a bottle. (not really sure, but a hell of a lot better than 50 additional!) Scolaris will sell you the bottle, too.

When you get your tank emptied the first time (usually Friday) make an appointment for the second time or you may be out of luck trying to get them to come to you on Sunday for the second and final emptying. Once the races are done, Sani Hut is done as well.

Don

Comment

There is a dump station at Bordertown, north on 395, 3 exits from Stead. $10 to dump the tanks. A little out of the way (about 5 miles) unless you are headin north anyway, but better than hauling the ^&*% home.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                There is a dump station at Bordertown, north on 395, 3 exits from Stead. $10 to dump the tanks. A little out of the way (about 5 miles) unless you are headin north anyway, but better than hauling the ^&*% home.
                Very true. But get there early or you'll be in line for hours. I actually carried the ^&*% to Susanville on the way home and emptied it at an RV park there.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  WOW..........that is expensive.........I'm staying across the street from the church this year....first time I've camped at the air races........looking forward to it. I'm filling the fresh water tank full and hopefully I won't have to have water or tanks drained. I'll be there wed night thru monday morning.
                  Brian
                  Another thing, Brian.

Save your fresh water by buying shower tickets from the church. They NEVER run out of hot water.

You may already know this but I'm throwing it out there to you for info purposes.

Don

Comment

Stay at the Optimist's lot. Convenient to the pits AND grandstand, less $$$ for the week, water and dump station available, and a goodtime atmosphere (not under RARA's eye).

Comment

Originally posted by degroodtt View Post
                      Thanks Wayne,

Just called Sani-hut. $50- to fill your fresh water and $50- to empty both your gray and black water. So $100 total.
                      That's nasty. We're camping there for the first time too. Three people - 10 days....gonna have to find a source of water for sure.

Comment

Last time I was there we got water at the first gas station on the way to the Freeway.. Only took a few minutes to get there and back... I never found anywhere to dump until we were down the road a ways on the way home... I bet if you search online there will be somewhere close.. Or, after the the money you save by supplying your own beer and food $100 isn't that bad to not have to move.. Have fun, wish I could make it this year... D...

Comment

If you stay at the soroptimist lot, water and dumping are included, with plenty of additional Sani huts also.

Comment

Working...
                          X