Lyle Shelton memorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyle Shelton memorial?

Does anyone know if there are plans for a memorial for Lyle this year at reno? If so, when and where? Knot4u

Re: Lyle Shelton memorial?

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
    Does anyone know if there are plans for a memorial for Lyle this year at reno? If so, when and where? Knot4u

I can't speak for RARA doing something on their own...or 'for' the family, but being fairly close to the principles here, I can say that the family wanted to keep everything low-key and private. They had a small ceremony for Lyle back in the spring in Texas, and I believe a private get together of several of the long-time Van Nuys people...but no plans for anything public at Reno or otherwise.

Comment

I am pretty sure there will be a missing man flyby at some point.

Comment

We should all make a toast to him during the races.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
          There definately should be a missing man flyby as a farewell salute to Lyle, comprised ideally of- Rare Bear as the pullup plane along w/three Gold Unlimiteds that Lyle & #77 raced against during his tenure as a competitor. This year you'd have Strega, Dreadnought, Galloping Ghost (representing its' former incarnations), Miss America & Furias-if it shows up.

Think THE perfect four-ship missing man combo would also include those Unlimited pilots & their respective racers who raced w/Lyle Shelton in past UNL Gold Championship Trophy competition events. This year that would be: John Penney-#77 Rare Bear (the pullup plane), Tiger Destefani-#7 Strega, Brian or Dennis Sanders-#8 Dreadnought (or both-it's 2-place) & Jimmy Leeward-#177 Galloping Ghost.

Now THAT would be totally righteous & fitting Lyle Shelton fly-by tribute, indeed! Those are my thoughts about it, anyway. Hope 'something' along these lines happens this year.

"BLUE SKIES & TAILWINDS FOREVER-LYLE SHELTON"!

DBD

Comment

I think you are right on track Bucky

Comment

You got me all misty eyed with that.

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
              There definately should be a missing man flyby as a farewell salute to Lyle, comprised ideally of- Rare Bear as the pullup plane along w/three Gold Unlimiteds that Lyle & #77 raced against during his tenure as a competitor. This year you'd have Strega, Dreadnought, Galloping Ghost (representing its' former incarnations), Miss America & Furias-if it shows up.

Think THE perfect four-ship missing man combo would also include those Unlimited pilots & their respective racers who raced w/Lyle Shelton in past UNL Gold Championship Trophy competition events. This year that would be: John Penney-#77 Rare Bear (the pullup plane), Tiger Destefani-#7 Strega, Brian or Dennis Sanders-#8 Dreadnought (or both-it's 2-place) & Jimmy Leeward-#177 Galloping Ghost.

Now THAT would be totally righteous & fitting Lyle Shelton fly-by tribute, indeed! Those are my thoughts about it, anyway. Hope 'something' along these lines happens this year.

"BLUE SKIES & TAILWINDS FOREVER-LYLE SHELTON"!

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                It's my understanding that Rod Lewis has been approached and has agreed to have Rare Bear participate in a fly by tribute for Lyle. That is providing the Bear is not having any issues that need to be addressed to make the program.

Cloudchaser

Comment

Won't be a dry eye in the stands.
                  Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                  Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Working...
                  X