Rumors, rumors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors, rumors....

Twenty - one days to go, and the rumor mill has come to a grinding halt.

I agree with ya'll, in days past we didn't have the internet and had to rely on what we heard from passing folk as we arrived in Reno. However, for those of us that weren't able to make it it (both years ago and now) we live for any updates that could put us into the "Reno" state of mind.

Here's a quote from an earlier post - "I spoke to someone "in the know" last Saturday night and the BEAR will getting a race engine hung on it in a day or two!"

Any developing word on the Ghost, Strega, Voodoo, etc? Let's get this board up to speed with less than three weeks to go!

The more we chat, the more people will become interested in the future!

Re: Rumors, rumors....

One racer had some wing work done...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
      One racer had some wing work done...
      You gonna go THERE again, Mike??? I think the boys on Facebook are still untwisting their knickers over that one....

Comment

isn't that the new telemetry controlled outer wing angle adjustment system?
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Tow-3...

You got it all wrong, that's the new, variable angle of attack wing mod, that is ultra efficient in the trans-mach region of the envelope. And further reduces drag once you hit mach 1.2, while at the same time afford 20 g turns.

Comment

yea, but that only going to work if they installed the aux hyper drive for the supercharger to get to the transonic range.
            bob burns
            "dont mess with texas"

Comment

You think that's bad? According to the entry list posted on the RARA site, Dago got converted all the way back to an A model.

Comment

That's never gonna work - the nose/ aux/ tricycle landing skid is gonna hafta be removed in order for the navi-computer that's hangin' on the wall to fit. And the exhaust stack on the navi-computer is gonna have to be trimmed WAAAYY down! No way that pig is gonna make warp factor 12 around pylon 7 as she is!

Remember, Scotty can only give her all shes got if YOU give her all you've got!

Dammit Jim, I'm a proctologist, not a miracle worker!

Comment

thats not true, sanihut bought an A model and dago and built a double dago....
                  of course the merlin is on the right side because it makes more power.
                  Last edited by tow-3; 08-23-2010, 05:28 PM.
                  bob burns
                  "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Whoa-for a brief moment I thought that photo might be an example of the fabled mysterious- 'Stuka-wing Mustang mod' I'd heard rumors of (-supposedly gives a racing P51 awesome enhanced abilities f/pylon turn banking & mayday emergency pull-up maneuvers...)

DBD

Comment

I heard from the next stall that someone is bringing an inverted gull wing with an inverted R4360 & contra-rotating props.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                        I heard from the next stall that someone is bringing an inverted gull wing with an inverted R4360 & contra-rotating props.
                        Wouldn't that just fly backwards? Or upside down? Or... I mean... maybe...

Man, I have a headache now. I think the inverted gull wing 4360 opened a contra-rotating black hole between my ears!

Comment

I hear Spacellama Racing will finally be there with their fully race prepped Do 335! I know they were testing most of their stash of German engines to destruction to sort out the liquid hydrogen fuel mods....

Spacegrrrl
                          Last edited by spacegrrrl; 08-23-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Slated pilot f/the totally-awesome Do-335 Pfeil racer is rumored to be none other than the great- Baron Wolfgang Von Bubie (-who BTW had to be coaxed out of his intense training program f/this year's upcoming Oktoberfest by the team's owners)!!!

DBD

Comment

Seriously, folks - how about some answers to some really important questions, such as how much is it gonna cost to rent one of those plastic MGD cups at the white tents with the pretty ladies?

And how many different forms of dead critter will we be able to consume this year?

Does mixing funnel cake with a homewrecker and bloody mary result in projectile vomiting?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Working...
                              X