Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUTURE BIPLANE RACERS

"Future Biplane Racers"......

Sat. 9/13/08-Reno NCAR- Boy-o-boy, they sure do start training 'em early over in the Racing Biplane Class, don't they?!!!

These shots taken by my artist/photographer daughter- Destiny Dawson, is real photographic proof of these peewee pylon racing jockeys bein' put through their paces (& obviously lovin' every second of it!)

Keep your airspeed UP in the turns, little buddies!!!

DBD
    Attached Files

Re: FUTURE BIPLANE RACERS

TOO CUTE!!!
    Kathleen

Comment

My dad made this for my son about 15 years ago. We have it stored now for HIS future kids.
      Attached Files
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        My dad made this for my son about 15 years ago. We have it stored now for HIS future kids.
        That's awesome Leo.... nice dad... er.... dads....

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          Leo,

Any chance that you would have plans for that? Or maybe a source? Thanks
          Brewski

Comment

I don't, but he might. My dad passed away a couple months ago. He and a friend had built several of these for Make-a-wish raffles after this one, I am not sure if he retained the plans or the friend ended up with them and I am guessing my mom won't know. We have yet to go through his shop and the tons of paperwork from projects stored there.
            They are available commercially at:
            http://pedalplanekits.com for a bunch of different types, and as I remember back then they had kits that included some parts like spinners, decals. It has a stick to steer it with the tailwheel and the prop turns when you pedal.
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

A quick google search (isn't the internet wonderful) and here's a couple links I came up with that might help you out.

The first is of a gentleman that built one for his son. It shows a lot of what it takes to get something like this "off the ground".

Second, we have the company that sells the kits and all the hardware to make your own mini pedal plane.

Enjoy
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

It was a LOT of work. As the first was built, he built jigs where needed for future use. They (my dad and his friend) then set it up assembly line fashion and in the end I think they produced 5 or 6 of them, one for my son, one for his friends grandson and the rest for charity raffles.
                Not an easy project for a total amateur, but my dad and I had built 2 boats (an 8' hydro racer and a 16 foot drag boat) a camper, a cabin and restored several cars so it was more than within his abilities!
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Leo, I didn't even see you had posted the link to the company that sells the plans in your post... I'm not all here today I guess. Sorry for repeating what had already been said.
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Two is always better than one...
                    The first link is cool too! Shows how much goes into it.
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X