Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air race in Auckland NZ ? Pilot vid and reach out for help .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air race in Auckland NZ ? Pilot vid and reach out for help .

Hi there aviation enthusiasts.

Exstreamtv has been set up to provide sport and adventure fans an online tv channel where they can watch whatever spins their wheels.Free and no registration. We have partnered several forums in other sports who get that successful online communities are the ones who share resources.There is plenty of red bull air race clips on the channel.

We also have been involved in event management for some years- and were really disappointed that a V8 Supercar event could not get off the ground in Auckland,primarily due to greenies and nay sayers and a soft Mayor. !

That said, we have been to Reno, and seen the Red Bull Air races on old tv, and online and we are right up for getting a Red Bull Air Race into Auckland.We already work closely with Red Bull in NZ, and offer to provide the technology ( at no set up cost) to stream the event for fans to watch.Live

This is a pilot clip shot recently
    Japan's Yoshi Muroya shows off his high-speed, low-altitude flying prowess over the Waitemata Harbour on Auckland Anniversary Day. Yoshi has been in New Zealand all summer, training hard for the 2010 Red Bull Air Race World Championship. He delighted the many thousands of spectators by flying a Sukhoi 29 in a high-energy 15-minute demonstration.

Be good to get some feedback on some of the pitfalls to watch out for- and other tips on where to start. We have an oppressive Resource Management Act- so guess money goes a long way !

Re: Air race in Auckland NZ ? Pilot vid and reach out for help .

Originally posted by exstreamtv View Post
    Hi there aviation enthusiasts.

Exstreamtv has been set up to provide sport and adventure fans an online tv channel where they can watch whatever spins their wheels.Free and no registration. We have partnered several forums in other sports who get that successful online communities are the ones who share resources.There is plenty of red bull air race clips on the channel.

We also have been involved in event management for some years- and were really disappointed that a V8 Supercar event could not get off the ground in Auckland,primarily due to greenies and nay sayers and a soft Mayor. !

That said, we have been to Reno, and seen the Red Bull Air races on old tv, and online and we are right up for getting a Red Bull Air Race into Auckland.We already work closely with Red Bull in NZ, and offer to provide the technology ( at no set up cost) to stream the event for fans to watch.Live

This is a pilot clip shot recently
    Japan's Yoshi Muroya shows off his high-speed, low-altitude flying prowess over the Waitemata Harbour on Auckland Anniversary Day. Yoshi has been in New Zealand all summer, training hard for the 2010 Red Bull Air Race World Championship. He delighted the many thousands of spectators by flying a Sukhoi 29 in a high-energy 15-minute demonstration.

Be good to get some feedback on some of the pitfalls to watch out for- and other tips on where to start. We have an oppressive Resource Management Act- so guess money goes a long way !
    Considering the Red Bull Air race series will not exist after this season, that my be a bit difficult. You might be better off talking to the Aero GP guys.

Comment

hi there
      thanks for the heads up on that one- wondered why they had gone a tad quiet.
      will try to chase down the suggestion you have made.
      appreciate your feedback
      sb

Comment

hmmm trying to get Aero GP might not work either... ive seen they have had several major accidents in their short life, its a great concept but doesnt interest me, and anyway, the Auckland councils couldnt organize a booze up in a brewery,, heck they couldnt decide on a 3 day street race that is broadcast in asia/pacific regions... what makes you think they would shut down the waitemata harbour or hauraki gulf for the same period to host the Aero GP or now in hiatus red bull series with global exposure. To many hippies and do-gooders in Auckland... only bogan fuelled cities like hamilton or tourist destinations like queenstown would have a go at it... (sorry.. had to have a dig from down south)
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I love that you said "bogan" I guess all the kiwi slang I learned on "Summer Heights High" is real. Will you call me a "Ranga"?

yes I am a Ranga.

Comment

howdy
            good to get the feedback folks. thank you
            no need to worry about the comment on auckland- i was involved in trying to get the v8 street race setup!
            what a debacle- i fronted many of the businesses that complained or objected to the idea. never met such a bunch of "nimby"s in my life.talk about dumb. (not in my back yard)
            any way hope the supercity can get the event strategy sorted.

agree that it would be better in a place that gets what major events are all about.maybe to look at linking need to the warbirds idea ?

saw the aero gp stories on throughout google so that is not inspiring.

another challenge will be getting major events funding in nz. i have been trying to 'work" with this lot for years. remember how many millions they threw at americas cup ! now that event is a big boys toys story, with the cup in the lawcourts. the legacy left here- oh the lead sailors have lots of money and nice big houses in rich areas but nothing else.
            and then we have near half a billion going in to Rugby World Cup- "the largest event in the world " the govt say. what nonsense- be interesting to see how much nz loses over the event.
            ah well we are off to wanaka today to film the exstreamtv big air event so will bounce the air race idea of some friendly locals.
            keepin it positive- our channel is about supporting all the sports and adventure codes that get little exposure from old tv . the new tv is online so if anyone has good air race content they would like put out there for free drop us aline

finally heres a clip of the red bull air race (rip it seems)
            fly safely

Comment

no offence intended but...

because I am a pilot I really hate the music stuff. Occasionally big band and WWII planes together work but personally I'd rather hear the natural sounds of the scene. Some of your camera placement was was interesting especially the shot where you can see what the stick is doing in the front pit....lots of folks don't realize how violently you throw that stuff around in those types of maneuvers.

thanks for the images.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                I love that you said "bogan" I guess all the kiwi slang I learned on "Summer Heights High" is real. Will you call me a "Ranga"?

yes I am a Ranga.
                Oh no... not a Ranga..... lol.. i could come out with lots of kiwi slang in messages but decide not to as im sure many wouldnt get it... unfortunately one of the best nz tv shows got 'adapted' for american tv, Outrageous Fortune here in NZ is brilliant, caught the american version and wasnt impressed...
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

reply to jet 1
                  hi there

no offence taken at all to the post
                  agree the roar of the engine is pretty impressive
                  i have not personally had the pleasure of being inside such a plane, but Yoshi sure talks about how he deals with the g forces.

Have just been out to the Wanaka Warbirds Museum - really impressed and I am getting the feeling that The WOW event is the best event of its type in little old New Ziln
                  With Red Bull Air race apparently back burnered ..(can anyone absolutely verify that ) will need to put the thinking cap back on.
                  On a totally random topic- went out to exstreamtv big air snow event last night at lake hawea near Wanaka. Huge storm had been through but many of the athletes who were in the World Heli Challenge had a crack. These folks have the "ticker" as do the pilots in the big air races albeit totally different sports. No time for self doubts

Speaking of self doubts check this Red Bull Stratos project - flying to the edge of space and parachuting down....?!###-!

Comment

Re: no offence intended but...

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
                    because I am a pilot I really hate the music stuff. Occasionally big band and WWII planes together work but personally I'd rather hear the natural sounds of the scene. Some of your camera placement was was interesting especially the shot where you can see what the stick is doing in the front pit....lots of folks don't realize how violently you throw that stuff around in those types of maneuvers.

thanks for the images.
                    I'm a pilot too and it can be overwhelming hearing the same engine roar over and over. I have seen some great footage with music to accompany the video.

Comment

hello radio kaos

nice work on the post, thanks
                      if you could point out where you saw the content to music would be appreciated.
                      i am working on some aussie colleagues who came to nz to fly in the south island. unreal clips-

will post out when these land

go well

steve@ex-stream.tv

Comment

Working...
                      X