Bad timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad timing

Every year since 1980 I have looked forward to Air Race weekend like I looked forward to Christmas morning when I was seven years old. So this is the fall we send our daughter off to college which is a great thing. Wouldn't you know it... the weekend she needs to move into college housing is September 18th and 19th! So what's a good father to do? He drives a truck his daughter's earthly belongings from San Jose CA. to Portland Oregon on Friday September 17. So there are plane tickets and hotel reservations to cancel and by the way.. I have a couple reserved seats on the aisle in section D that are available.

Re: Bad timing

Oh c'mon.

Wouldn't it be easier to get her transferred to UN Reno?

Two birds, one stone

Don

Comment

She'd be a week early for school if it was me.......or a week late.

Comment

Isn't Reno right along the way from San Jose to Portland? You're traveling north, right?
        Attached Files

Comment

880 north to 80 east and off you go.sad you will miss it but I would do the same.
          missed 1994 because escrow closed that weekend,new wife,house had to stay.
          take the laptop,good luck!

Comment

I missed '91 because our plane had a mechanical and left us in Maui for an extra couple of days. Only one missed since '76.
            When does she have to report to her first class? Reno is on the way, you could leave after the Gold, drive all night and have her there for Monday morning...Set up the dorm later!
            Gotta have priorities!

Sorry you'll miss it.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Let me know what you are charging for those reserve seats, please. Why are you needed in the college dorm deal anyway?

Comment

Well, we all do what we gotta do, but If it were me, I would put her on a plane to Portland to meet you whenever and you drive the truck to Reno and at least spend Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday camping in the dirt in the Church lot with the rest of us poor people before going north. Monday and Tuesday can be very interesting....

If I' not there I'm dead. And If I am dead, PropellerHead will spread my ashes for me there so I will make it anyway.

Comment

Rent her a truck, give her a AAA card and a pocket of cash, and you'll meet her in Portland on Monday after the races.

Does she have a brother that could help her move the stuff in? If not, I'm sure some friendly college Coed would be glad to lend a hand.

Comment

Heck, for a small fee I'll let you rent my side yard and plug in...
                    We all need to coordinate our ash spreading so we don't all end up in a pile at the same pylon, I think we all have the same idea!
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Yeah, having my ashes spread there really is some comfort....I just hope you guys dont dump me in a porta-potty!

Comment

Working...
                      X