GO BEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO BEAR!

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Re: GO BEAR!

I second that emotion!!!

Comment

I'll Triple Ditto!!!

DBD
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah baby!

Comment

News, Neuz, NNNNUUUUUUZZZZZZ!,

Puhleeezzee??????????????

In years of yore,

We've had before,

Some info on our Bear.

But yet this year,

our ears don't hear,

a whimper or a care.

We all wait,

to take the bait,

that lures us into his CAVE!

GO BEAR!
          Thank you Rod Lewis for perpetuating the plane, the myth, the legend that IS the RARE BEAR!

See ya'll in 46 days!

Tom
          Last edited by bulldawg66; 07-31-2010, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Anyone know what day this picture was taken? During race week I am assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              Anyone know what day this picture was taken? During race week I am assuming.
              Sunday Gold
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

ok i am starting some noise Shawn
                Attached Files

Comment

The last time I was by, the Bear had the engine off again. I understand they are waiting for or might already have the new race engine to hang on. The new engine I think was built by Dave C at his shop in Oregon.
                  Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                  Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

So....what would it REALLY take to let us LOYAL fans know, what is up?

Note to teams: we DO BUY YOUR HATS CAPS SHIRTS...ETC......if you need help posting...jeez...we're all probably available to do SOMETHING.

Sometimes I feel like ya' don't give a rats...s.

I'm around kiddos.

GregS

Comment

Quiet, the Bear is sleeping.

Comment

Awesome pics guys! Thanks for sharing.
                        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post

Note to teams: we DO BUY YOUR HATS CAPS SHIRTS...ETC......if you need help posting...jeez...we're all probably available to do SOMETHING.

I'm around kiddos.

GregS
                          Not affiliated with the team here, so I am not commenting specifically...more in general, because I've been in the racing game for a long time.

THANK YOU for buying the hats, shirts, and caps and supporting your favorite race team! And I mean that from the heart. The money helps to offset the astronomical costs and sacrifices that the owners and crews put out to get in the show, and makes sponsors happy. And to be honest, when you've busted your a$$ for hours and hours on end during the off-season, or had to thrash during the race, it does lift your spirits a bit to see your 'colors' on fans in the stands. Make no mistake of the impact that that makes.

That being said...buying a shirt or a hat gives you nothing. I know that sounds harsh, but come on. This website is a great forum for sharing information with fans, participants, and the like. But it can also be a wasteland for rumors, flame-wars, and the like...and I'll be the first one to admit to stirring the pot more than once (I know Wayne, probably so many times I've lost count).

How many times has the webmaster here been asked to 'sit' on something by the primaries to control the spin on it?

As a racer, if I'm doing something in the shop, I don't want to broadcast it to the world. I don't want to let people who have no business to be there into the shop to snoop around (though, usually if someone stops by and 'asks', I'm happy to show them around an talk shop a while). I certainly don't want my competitors to know what I'm doing. And even if I'm not doing anything aside from polishing the wings for the 35th time...I at least want my competitors to THINK I'm doing something that I don't want them to see or know about.

The Rare Bear has a website: http://www.rarebear.com/

If and when the owner/crew chief/pilot/team has something that they want to say, that is most likely where they will say it. I know that with teams I've crewed on, we would try to put SOMETHING up on our website at least once a week. May not have anything to do with what modifications or changes we are making...but it at least gives people something to read about. Chance are, if we're doing something to make us more 'racy', we're not going to tell you about it, regardless of how many t-shirts or hats you've purchased (heck, there are times where guys on the TEAM may not know what's going on because of 'need-to-know' stuff). But if and when we DO decide to tell you about it, it's going to be on our terms. Its not personal...it's not that we/they don't give a rats a$$...it's just racing.

Feel free to flame away...I'm just giving the perspective from the other side.

Comment

sigh......there are times......MANY times, i wish it was like the old days, didnt know who was gonna show until they/i got there, walking thru the gate, at dawn, and seeing the glimmer of familiar silhouette's, a few not so familiar, anxious to talk with crews and pilots to hear what it took to get there, calling home to tell those less fortunate, who had to work during race week, letting them know the play by play. I'm not out to flame anyone here, just waxing sentimental, i'm so grateful we have those passionate people whos desire and spirit (and pockets) are deep.

and a hearty to you guys and gals

Enjoy these races and the people involved, for everything they're worth, they wont be here forever!

ADT

P.S.......now what were we talking about?

Comment

Originally Posted by GregS

I'm around kiddos.

GregS

Need any help? I've got lots of free time.

Former kiddo (LB)

Comment

Working...
                              X