• Show
Clear All

• How was Jack Roush's arrival @ OSH?

Any one see it?

Re: How was Jack Roush's arrival @ OSH?

now has two piece premier jet, (4) all out alive

Comment

Photos on aero news.com. Roush lost it on landing,he is serious but stable. Hawker-Beech Premier. Article with photos.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        Photos on aero news.com. Roush lost it on landing,he is serious but stable. Hawker-Beech Premier. Article with photos.
        Jack has to have some cat blood... seven lives... two down???

He's got an angel on his shoulder!

I may never go to Oshkosh again... the daily drama of having so many of our nation's GA fleet crowded into such a small space is hard on the nerves!

Glad Jack and everyone else is ALIVE!!!!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Jack...on the one off chance you read this..

....I just hope you are ok and I hope to see you on the ramp at Reno this year.

Comment

Fresh details and a video of the rescue at CNN.com. Mr. Roush and his passenger are seen walking from the plane under their own power to awaiting medics.

Warning! Some blood is seen (facial injuries), so those sensitive to such things may not want to look.

Racing team owner Roush transferred to Mayo Clinic

CLICK THIS LINK FOR DETAILS:
            NASCAR team owner Jack Roush, who was injured in a plane crash Tuesday, was transferred from a Wisconsin hospital to the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, Minnesota, according to a statement released Thursday by one of his companies.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 07-29-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

That plane has demo'ed in the past at Reno.... Glad he's alright!

Comment

Glad everyone walked away, the aircraft can be given to the insurance co.

I flew into OSH a number of times, the controllers do an excellent job, but my impression is that is is controlled chaos, even on an IFR plan.

Seems that every newly minted private pilot flys into OSH, and that's okay, I did it with only 40 hours in a C152 a hundred years ago. The VFR proceedure is to fly over Ripon WI, then "get into the file of traffic" spacing yourself with other arriving airplanes, you don't talk on the radio but monitor and listen to the controllers, they are located along the arrival path and say things like "Blue and White Bonanza rock your wings for OSH, follow the red high wing in front of you, land long, turn off ASAP and follow the ground signals"

IFR you have a window of arrival based on availablity of when you file. Still organized chaos.

Best time was taking a C-47 in and sleeping under the airplane for 4 days. however I did sling a cargo net insode one night when it was drizzling.

Comment

I was present for this unfortunate crash, and afterward I had heard an interesting fact. There is no published Vso for the Beech. It must be displayed in/on the ASI, but no where on the Beech website can you find the dirty speed. There was a few events leading up to the event that culminated in a poor ending, but if lawyers get a hold of this information (or lack thereof) they will be all over it.

We are all happy that he could walk away and is stable now. We know he will be out there again soon.

Comment

I would expect that from a glass cockpit jet. Published Vso is only valid for a given set of parameters. the ADC in a modern avionics setup includes a AOA vane. ( usually two ) that feeds info to the ADC this will calculate the exact Vso for indication on the speed tapes. there is no need to publish a number that in only a ball park figure when the speed tape is showing the exact numbers at all times. i will wait for the NTSB to investigate, this but it appears it was just a case of eyeballs out the window. where they need to be at osh, and letting it get to slow and running out of airspeed and altitude at the same time. I hope Mr. Roush recovers quickly from his injuries.
                    Last edited by tow-3; 07-31-2010, 08:02 AM.
                    bob burns
                    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
                    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

A few photogs got a pretty scary perspective on the Roush incident:
                      California photographer Brian Flanagan captured images of the last seconds of Jack Roush's Beechcraft Premier 1 as it dipped a wing and then pancaked on on infield area of Wittman Regional Airport Tuesday evening.

________
                      Rehab Discussion
                      Last edited by bill_f; 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Be it God or fate someone was watching out for a few folks that day!
                        What part of 'Air Race FAN-atic' do you not understand?
                        Like the chips - You can't attend just one!

Comment

No transport category jet I have flown have any kind of published stall speeds, although the non-glass airplanes had charts showing min speeds for 1.3 and 1.5 g stall margins as well as takeoff/landing speeds on the flip charts. Glass airplanes compute that info and display them on the airspeed tape on the PFD as previously mentioned.

Ron
                          Ron Henning

Comment

Jack's Back....but he did lose his left eye in the deal. Hope he can keep his ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                              Jack's Back....but he did lose his left eye in the deal. Hope he can keep his ticket.
                              “I survived two car wrecks too, both of them in racing. I’ve been extraordinarily lucky to have been able to survive and I feel in some ways unworthy. I’m not sure I’ve done enough yet for the chances that I’ve had. Maybe that’s recognized and they’re just giving me more time.”

Roush says he still has a long way to go in the healing process, and he won’t ever be able to regain sight in his left eye. But that doesn’t mean he intends to slow down, or even stop flying.

“I’ve got to get recovered. I have to go through my recovery. Wiley Post was a one-eyed pilot and there’s no restriction. Maybe if you’re an airline pilot you can’t have one eye, but there’s not a reason why I can’t fly with one eye.”

As for the picture we often see of Roush checking the ends of plugs at the end of each practice or qualifying, a task that has always been uniquely his at the race track for all four of his teams, the Cat says the loss of vision in the left eye won’t cause a problem at all. “Well, I won’t be able to read power plugs in my left eye, but I always use my right eye for that because that’s the dominant eye.”

Leave it to Jack to pick himself up, dust himself off, and throw himself right back into the fray as soon as the doctors let him.

Comment

Working...
                              X