• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemesis "Dream On Hold"

DREAM ON HOLD 07-17-2010
    For Immediate Release!

NEMESIS AIR RACING DREAM CHASING ON HOLD FOR 2010

Spokesperson for the Record setting 15 time Reno Air Race National Champion Jon Sharp and the Nemesis Air Racing Team, has announced that the Team will not be returning to the Reno Air Races in September 2010 to defend the Team’s record setting 2009 Super Sport title. The one year “Dream on Hold” is due to family health issues. Late in 2009 Pilot Jon Sharp and his beautiful Team Manager wife, Patricia, moved from their home of 20+ years in California to the Tucson Arizona area to take care of Patricia’s widowed mother “Mom” Haynes. Mom Haynes has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. The disease also claimed the life of Patricia’s father Marion in March of 2007, during the time when Jon and Patricia were going through the “part swap” kidney transplant, where Patricia gave Jon a life saving kidney.

The Nemesis Team wishes to pass along its sincerest apologies to Air Racing fans and fans of Team Nemesis that they will not be seeing, and hearing the screaming sound of the “Thunderbolt” powered “Hot Pink” speedster dusting the pylons at Reno this year.

The Team had its best year ever in the thirty plus years of racing at Reno in 2009 by setting a “record a day”. Records were broken each time the plane was on the course, with qualifying record of 412+ MPH. The Team followed up the Qualifying record with heat race records each day raising the bar form 393+ MPH, to 399+ Mph, to 406+ MPH in the final heat race. This only to be topped by the sizzling Super Sport Gold Gold Race Championship speed of 407+ MPH!

The Team wishes to Thank it’s “cast of thousands” team members and sponsors for the years of support.

Stay Tuned......

The Team would also like to encourage Air Racing fans to tune to the Documentary Channel for the television debut of the Christopher Webb Film, “ AIR RACER: CHASING THE DREAM”! There is a complete list of times on documentarychannel.com & on the right hand side of this website under Quick News. The Documentary Channel can be found on DirecTV 267, and Dish Network 197, check local listings for the channel and time in your area.

Re: Nemesis "Dream On Hold"

Family comes first. Team Nemesis NXT certainly set the bar very high for its' competition & you'll be missed at Reno '09.

All the best Jon & Trish & look forward to your team's return in 2011. Best wishes & take good care on the home front.

Don 'Bucky' Dawson

Comment

John...

everyone highly respects you and although the ramp guys are sorry to hear you wont be there we have just that much more admiration for your decision and reasons.
      On a personal note I just want to thank you for the recent documentary. as far as I am concerned that project totally summed up what air racing is all about for me. Its admittedly a crazy sport and you put words and images to it that really hit a home run for me. Thanks so much for advancing our sport and we will all be thinking of you and hoping for the best!

Comment

Saw the documentary last week. What a ride! Take care Jon and see you all in 2011. Mike

Comment

John and Patricia,

The class will be sorely missing you this year. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Come back soon, come back strong!

Scotty G
          Unleashed Race 54
          Scotty G

Comment

Thoughts & prayers are with you & family Jon.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Respect and admiration for a truly great competitor, given by Team Relentless!!!

Praying for you and yours....
              http://www.kevineldredge.com
              http://www.myairport.com
              sigpic

Comment

Jon and Trish,
                You two have always been a class team and, while your presence will be missed this year, as Bucky said "family comes first". Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Frank, Joan and Gordon

Comment

I think it's pretty amazing that they spend tons, and tons of money on racing with little return. Then they feel that they have to apologize to us for not coming. Class acts as always!
                  Tony

Comment

Ya know what, this is racing, and there will always be competitors to beat in 2011!! Jon and Patricia have always been a class act, and yes family does come first.I'll wear my Nemises fan club shirt this year in support of the Sharp's and the whole Nemises crew (Like I don't every year anyway)! Take care of your family and we'll see you when you can get back!

Race 29 and Mrs. Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

We will miss you in 2010, but family is always number one. Bless you.

Best wishes and prayers for the family and "Mom". Hope to see you out there next year.

Comment

This is certainly one of those times when explanation or apology isn't necessary.

Racin is racin, but family first.
                        Last edited by Big_Jim; 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Our family fought that battle as well as I know countless have; here's wishing you all the best.

Comment

Hello All,
                            Patricia and I would like to express our sincerest Thanks for everyone's good wishes, thoughts and prayers for our plight. We would especially like to thank each of you on this AWESOME blog for the kind thoughts, and support! Support and friendship, as shown here on AAFO via posts and PM's, has touched our hearts and souls. The offerings of support and kindness is an illustration of the AWESOME family that is Air Racing. We pray for each and everyone's safety at the Air Races this year. God Bless each of you for your support, and ENJOY THE RACES!!!!

Cheers,
                            Jon, Patricia Sharp, and
                            Team Nemesis

Comment

Jon, Trish... you guys will always have millions of friends! My dad had the horrible problem you are dealing with, you guys are a class act!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you..

Wayne & BeerNazi
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X