Precious Metal Engine Start Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal Engine Start Audio

Managed an audio recording of Ron starting the Griff... Links on front page..

Still catching up on sleep here! We had a marathon between sleeping friday night/saturday morn and not being able to get any sleep between sat/sun so we could make the drive to Orlando from where we stayed at Winterhaven, so we could return the rental car and catch the early am redeye to Reno...

zzzzz

Tired puppies here!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

...Great Job!
    .....makes that bit of rain & all that sun worth it for the chance to be there ....even if it would have been just watching the start-up...
    ....(I'l bet when it was happening you forgot being tired !)

.....Thanks again
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

more??

Man it sure starts easily!! and that sound!!!! definitely a different flavor than Merlin.........

now, about that takeoff...........................
      the other Wayne................

Comment

Re: more??

Originally posted by GWB
        Man it sure starts easily!! and that sound!!!! definitely a different flavor than Merlin.........

now, about that takeoff...........................
        The start was, indeed, impressive! She fired right off and not particularly smoky either. This was an airplane that had sat out in the damp and been rained on for several days also.. Pretty good ignition on that bird I'd say!

On the take-off.. I did get it on the disk recording but at Sun-n-Fun you are quite a ways from the active runway and the sound was not particularly outstanding. That and due to the wind, I had to make the recording with the mic in my pocket to keep the rumble to a low roar. With the airplane up close, the engine sound beat out my shutter, on the take-off, there are a series of click/whine from the repeated attempts at getting "the" perfect take off shot..

I'll see what I can do with it to get it to an acceptable presentation.

We've got at least a TON of stuff from the show to get up but both Bear and I have been a bit "under the weather" since returning from Florida...

More coming.. as always, "Stay Tuned"

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

...bed rest, liquids...maybe a cute nurse (?)....teke care guys you are eyes and ears for a lot of people.....
          .......oh,yeah....we like ya too!
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Unfortunately, as my wife would say, there is no known cure for Aviatus Racus Severus......however, sound and pictures makes it feel better.......
            the other Wayne................

Comment

Working...
            X