Here we come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we come!

My brother and I just purchased our airline tickets to get us out to the races. This will be our tenth Reno air races in a row! ( I know that's a low number for some of you sage air race fans, but it's a start.)
    I have a question about the party for Al and Warlock. We will be arriving in Reno around 2 p.m. Wednesday (flying into Sacramento and driving over - cheapest tickets we could find) and we would like to attend the party. The last time I went was in 2004 when I was a crew member on the Diet Coke T-6 team.
    Anyway, how can we get into the pits in the evening for the party without a pit pass? Will they let us right in? We usually only go into the pits on Thursday or Friday - can't/don't want to afford a pit pass for the entire event.
    We hope to make it to the AAFO party (if there is one and we can FIND ya'll - I'm the one that bought twenty packs of hot dog buns last year and never found you guys)

Thanks for the help,

Tom

Re: Here we come!

You don't need a pit pass to get to the party just tell the guy at the gate you are going to the Warlock party. And this will be the last Warlock party since we lost Al and Warlock. We will have the Warlock pit this year for the last time.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Airracer. I figured this would be the last party - the party I was able to go to in 2004 was one I will never forget. Al was such a kind, generous host. I just wanted to be able to pay my respects and help his memory live on.

Thanks again,

Tom

P.S. - what time does everything get underway, and will we be allowed to bring in beer?
      Last edited by bulldawg66; 07-01-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I remember my 10th ....

and my 20th, and my 30th.........and my 35th...and....

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
          and will we be allowed to bring in beer?
          Allowed? More like required...

Comment

Working...
          X