Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sulphur Springs/Mesquite 130 Air Race Wants you to Race! + new guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sulphur Springs/Mesquite 130 Air Race Wants you to Race! + new guy!

Howdy,
    I'm the race coordinator for a new race The Sport Air Racing League is holding this July 17,2010 out of the KHQZ airport in Mesquite Texas.
    It's open to all aircraft both Factory and Experimental, and will be an Open Course Cross Country Air race.
    The primary course will consist of 8 turns over 141nm of the East Texas countryside. A secondary course will be available for aircraft with limited range of only 73 nm and 5 turns.
    We are looking for new racers to come try out a fun way to race without committing to 3000 miles, and or huge money.
    Run what you brung, and come join us.
    At KHQZ Mesquite Metro Airport. Mesquite TX Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 8:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Also read about us in PILOTMAG on newsstands now, or www.pilotmag.com
    Also catch up on our racing in the monthly article in Fly-low Magazine. www.fly-low.com

A little about me, now that my commercial is done. I'm a frustrated Reno Racer who can only afford one plane, and therefore it must also be a family truckster. I've been racing SARL races for 2 years, and absolutely love it. Sure, it's not pylon racing, but it is still a thrill.
    I fly a 1965 S35 Bonanza but I dream of something I could fly at reno some day. a T-6 would work... an Harmon Rocket would also be quite nice.
    Hope to have y'all come join me for the race. We have an interesting field building, and would love to get a few more Turboprop twins and warbirds to compete against the T-28 that's running unopposed.

Please consider coming, and inviting your friends.
    Thanks,
    Chester
    Chester Jurskis
    1965 S35 Bonanza
    "Trixie"
    Dallas TX F69
    www.sportairrace.org

Re: Sulphur Springs/Mesquite 130 Air Race Wants you to Race! + new guy!

Just over a week away!
    We have over 30 aircraft racing so far...
    From a pair of T28s to a half dozen Bonanzas.
    www.slr130race.info.
    would love to have you come join us!
    Thanks,
    Chester
    Chester Jurskis
    1965 S35 Bonanza
    "Trixie"
    Dallas TX F69
    www.sportairrace.org

Comment

Chester, somehow, your messages seemed to get buried in the flow. The event sounds sounds interesting, I wish we'd have had time to pursue it deeper with you! Aaagain. Not sure how I missed this. A FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE sent to me would probably have caught my eye..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ill try to be there chester with knottygirl or merlin I do want to beat up on that cheyenne I can do it with either , it will be funny the most powerful plane getting pasted by the one with the leastall in fun

Comment

Working...
        X