The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Generation

A lot has been said about this being the year of the next generation...

Let this smile speak all the words that I can not say about this years Pylon Racing Seminar. This awesome young lady represents a part of the next generation. Best of luck to Heather 'Lucky' Penney...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MMPerk; 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM.

Re: The Next Generation

Very cool! Congrats to her! It's always nice to see new faces, especially outside the normal "demographic" of traditional race pilots.

O.K., so I gotta ask. Any relation to you-know-who?

I assume she is going to fly in the jet race? Looks like an L-39?

Comment

Yes...she is related to 'you know who'.

And yes...the jet she'll be flying will look kinda like this one.

I can't describe in words what it was like to be out there on the ramp with the jet class this year. New pilots and great smiles...

I almost forgot...to follow this team, you may have to break through and join up with facebook...AirRace21. Heather 'Lucky' Penney is the name.
      Last edited by MMPerk; 06-19-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

but we wont let her race...

her f-16 too much red tape with the airforce etc.
        she is a VERY competent stick and if the races go as well as PRS went, we will have a good race week!

Comment

Looks like brother Dave (D.B.Mueller) will need to do an extended NEW GENERATION poster for RENO 2011....

Comment

Would Love To!
            DB

Comment

Competent race pilots will always be easy to find, it's the mechanics and engine guys that are all dying and not leaving their secrets behind, not to mention the lack of engine parts. Glad to see another highly qualified female pilot out there. I actually got to meet the great Shirley Muldowney (first remale race car driver to win 4 national titles and survive a terrible crash) a couple weeks ago in the DTW airport. I was sitting down for lunch in an airport restaurant when she was leaving the adjoining booth, looked at me and said "that's a lot of stripes on your shoulders", I knew right away who she was and she said yes, she was Shirley and spent about 10 minutes chatting about drag racing, she was very classy and kind, not the sort of "kick ass" woman I knew she had to be in the past, she left and when I finished my sandwich and asked for the check the server told me Shirley had already paid it for me! Anyway bottom line the airplane doesn't know if you're male or female or whatever, it will treat Heather the same as it treats John, aviation doesn't have affirmative action, it treats every pilot the same and I'm sure Heather will do just fine. Glad to see that a pilot gets the seat on accomplishments and experience rather than a fat bank account. Go Heather!

Ron Henning
              Ron Henning

Comment

Working...
              X