PRS news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS news

Any news or photos of the folks attending PRS? Could not be there this year, so asking for a little help with the goings on.

Re: PRS news

I'm stuck in Miami and wondering how many new biplane drivers showed up and more specifically, how the new owner of #25 made out. Any info would be great. And yes Dial Tapper, as of last week anyway they still race biplanes at Reno.
    Thanks
    Dennis

Comment

Sorry guys, I was a bit under the weather this year.. something about high blood pressure medicine I've been taking recently, living at sea level and running my old ass off at 5,000 feet didn't seem to agree with my system.. so I've been tardy getting anything up...

Some quick newsworthy subjects.. Rod Lewis is now officially a race pilot, as is Heather Penney!

As of Friday, Stu Dawson has had some "over the course" time in the Bear but, as of Friday, had not gotten down on the course due to issues...

Got some shots... some are even worthy of showing here but I'm stuck at RNO awaitng a 2 hour late SWA flight... ...

If I don't get kicked out of the, now closed, lounge I'm sititng in, backing up images from my NEXTO OTG to my laptop, I'll try to get some uploaded.. Expect full story ASAP...

I'll shoot one that I got ready up..
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by shorebird View Post
        I'm stuck in Miami and wondering how many new biplane drivers showed up and more specifically, how the new owner of #25 made out. Any info would be great. And yes Dial Tapper, as of last week anyway they still race biplanes at Reno.
        Thanks
        Dennis

Maybe your right Shorebird, found some footage from one of them. This one must be a real slug though, the way the little white biplane sucked it's light out going past it.

Dennis Vest in Drag Racer from the 2009 Gold Class Biplane Final. Pretty awesome footage from a very aggressive and talented pilot.

Comment

Heres a few from Friday.
          Tha cloud formation over my house this evening was, well, interesting.
          Attached Files
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Wild cloud indeed! Any black triangular objects see headed toward Groom Lake just before?

In 1976 or 77 there was a huge distinct bird-shaped cloud over Stead during the races one afternoon. Took two slides of it. It more than filled my 35mm frame.

Comment

Wayne, thank you for posting the PRS news.
              The #51 name makes me lough, "La Pistolera".

Leo,
              that rare cloud looks more like an UFO participating in the PRS.

Comment

With apologies to all for the down and dirty posting here. Haven't processed any of these and resized to 700x480 /- to get them to you but hope you enjoy as much as possible.

FYI, spoke with Carl (Race 35 in Bip's) for a bit. Seemed excited to be here and I thought he did very well (I was on Inner 1 and Home Pylon (couple shots from top of Home Pylon). Nice lines, consistent, good speed and seemed to do very well in formation.

All in all, great week!

Cheers,
                Attached Files
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Air Judge,

Thanks for the news and photos of #25. Karl will be a great addition to the class and to air racing. Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
                    Wayne, thank you for posting the PRS news.
                    The #51 name makes me lough, "La Pistolera".

Leo,
                    that rare cloud looks more like an UFO participating in the PRS.
                    Victor has to get there some how.......

Comment

Since Area51 is so close......
                      The UFO-Class is long overdue !

Comment

Originally posted by Kahuna View Post
                        Since Area51 is so close......
                        The UFO-Class is long overdue !
                        Overdue? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Jyq...eature=related

Comment

With apologies (again!) to Karl (not Carl) and for the fat index finger hitting a "3" instead of a "2" for "Race 25"....sheeesh.

Anyway, it was a great four days. Hope to cross paths with folks in only 84 more!

Cheers,
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post
                            Well... no thanks. I prefer today´s Reno unlimiteds.

Comment

had a great time meeting some electronic friends out there, kinda painful being without my big lens, did have a beautiful sunset though

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X