need to ask qustion and need feed back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to ask qustion and need feed back

so as u might not know i am trying to start my own air racing business but there is one big choose i really need help with . witch is should i make the conversion parts separate like you cut and attach or should i just make every plane a small kit ? what would be essayer please let me know

Re: need to ask qustion and need feed back

is any body there??

Comment

i need input from people as what they would like to see and a convertion or a kit made whats easer???

Comment

I'd love to answer, but I've only made a few glue-together Revell-type plastic kits. I wouldn't know what to say as reply to your question.

Have you tried asking the experts on any aircraft modeler's forums? They'd know.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
          so as u might not know i am trying to start my own air racing business but there is one big choose i really need help with . witch is should i make the conversion parts separate like you cut and attach or should i just make every plane a small kit ? what would be essayer please let me know
          Full kit would be nice. I would buy one depending on the quality and price.

I have a few Hi-Planes kits but I haven't built them yet. Got em' at a control line model airplane contest for $5 each! I'm not expecting yours to be that cheap though so don't worry.

The kits are ok but they have an awful lot of "flash" on the parts that need to be trimmed off. I expect to do some of that but too much takes all the fun out of it you know? I realize racers are a niche' market so not many are made which affects quality in some way(?)

For the 1/72 scale stuff, I'd buy full kits. For the 1/48 and above I'd look at mod kits, just to keep the cost down.

My personal preferences:
          1. Conquest I (Final American Jet Version)
          2. RB-51 (Final Michelob Light Version)
          3. Stiletto (Color Tile Sponsored)
          4. Super Corsair (Bud Light or All Coast)
          5. Galloping Ghost (New, yet to be raced version)
          6. Miss Candace
          7. Tsunami
          8. Mike Carroll's Sea Fury (Miss Merced)
          9. Pond Racer

I hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you want a quick response as I check this board nearly every day.

Comment

Afraid I'm not much help here, Claw. Can't remember the last time I tackled that art form.

Wish you luck and as mentioned below, suggest you Google modelers' forums for more feedback.

Cheers,
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

to uhhuh53 thank you this is what i was looking for . i am courtly doing strega right now for my self to see what is involved but what i was thinking was a plane like TSUNAMI would be it own kit because of how complicated it is and the others like super corsair from CHINO would be just a few parts but yea i will be working in 1/48 because this is the scale i work in and i do plan to the aircraft you have listed

Comment

to let every body know i am really thinking about do the the famous POND RACER in 1/48 because thats the only scale not done yet. but i need to know where the landing gear and wheels came off of if any body knows??

Comment

Working...
                X