Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF1 Trouble???

Is the IF1 class in some trouble???

I've noticed the IF1 webpage has been down for some time and recently read on another forum that a couple key people have retired. As if that wasn't enough, I read that IF1 pilots are being turned away from PRS because they don't have instructors.

Is this true? Can anyone with some knowledge chime in?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Re: IF1 Trouble???

The web page was hacked, and they're having trouble repairing it. They've really missed it as the web site is a major forum for tech and rules discussions.

PRS looks fine -- 2 rookies, plus 3 veterans turning the course for practice and tuning. Big news is the return of a fabled veteran, apparently flying an airplane that he has won two championships in...

In other words, it seems the class is doing fine!

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      Big news is the return of a fabled veteran, apparently flying an airplane that he has won two championships in...

Neal
      ...er....um.....hmmm.......

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
        Big news is the return of a fabled veteran, apparently flying an airplane that he has won two championships in...

Neal

ORLY!!!!

Comment

there are even a few people bringing two airplanes this year, there was some talk about the snoshoo guys brining there plane, and yep Ray Cote is attending prs and will be flying judy,thats gonna be hard to pass, reberry sold his plane and the guy that bought it is attending prs and the races , Tom Watkins is bringing two planes, he is going to race the eze he brought to prs and a cassutt he got at the races this year. got a few tricks this year myself ,two airplanes and knottygirl is gonna have a new look I think all will enjoy so im hoping for a great year of new and old

Comment

Yeah!
            Absolutely no offense to any other pilot, but I always liked the way Cote flew the course.
            Looking forward to it!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

"I read that IF1 pilots are being turned away from PRS because they don't have instructors."

where did you read that?

Comment

Originally posted by ezetom View Post
                "I read that IF1 pilots are being turned away from PRS because they don't have instructors."

where did you read that?
                I have seen that posted in other aviation forums too. I'm glad it's incorrect.

Comment

Instructor airplane
                  Attached Files

Comment

No worries for IF1. There is always change happening, pilots and owners come and go. It is true that the IF1 website was hacked into and it is taking a little longer than hoped to get it back up and running but we will get there. As always we welcome new members, pilots and airplanes to come join us at Reno to go racing!

Comment

Met Ray a couple of times. He's from my hometown. Always liked his line around the sticks. Very pleased to hear he plans to race again.

Go Ray!

Cheers from El Cajon, CA.
                      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

He just needs to 'borrow' the Circus Circus Shoestring from the San Diego Museum. "Just for the weekend". He'll bring it right back.

Comment

Since a couple people asked, I read the posts following a thread over at:

Has anyone heard what is up with the if1 folks? Their website is down...one phone number I have is not working either... As someone that is designing a beastie for the class...I am awfully curious... Dave

Interestingly enough the person removed the post today (May 25th at 11:52am) but thanks to Google it is still cached from May 3rd and can be found at:

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                          X