Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates on the Fast Boys

Morning,

How about the people in the know posting some updates on Strega, Rear Bear, Galloping Ghost, Dago Red etc.

I know it's only May, but I need some information to keep me going until August.

Warbird5

Re: Updates on the Fast Boys

I'm sure you will hear more news as we get closer to PRS in June.

PRS is my fix till Sept.

Comment

Check the Facebook fan pages for the teams. As for one plane though, Dago, it may never race again. It's in pieces, and the Bank of America owns the plane now since it was repo'ed.

Somehow I don't think the bank is too interested in racing.

Comment

Morning,

I don't do social networking web sights and it appears the only way to view Facebook pages is to sign up. That's not for me. Thanks for the info.

Warbird5

Comment

Real bummer about Dago, but at least we know banks don't want to own old warbirds of any kind, so there's always a chance it will end up in the hands of somebody interested in racing.

As to the Facebook thing, I'm with Warbird5. Between them and Google, once they have their hooks in you there's no shaking free.
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I thought the last info about the Dago drama was that it was safe from Repo?

Comment

it means that it is complete (although disassembled) in a hanger out of harms way. There are a BUNCH of legal who owes what to whom type things but eventually that will get sorted as soon as all the lawyers get their fair chunk. I don't think that it is under threat of being parted out or anything that horrible as it is well defended where it is.
              From this thread:

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

The bank now owns all three of the Mustangs that the Costos owned, that includes Dago. I guess you could call it safely in tne banks hands.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                  The bank now owns all three of the Mustangs that the Costos owned, that includes Dago. I guess you could call it safely in tne banks hands.
                  Bob old Mustang has been sold.
                  As for Dago they don't have much of it and they don't care who they sell the remains too...
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
                    Bob old Mustang has been sold.
                    As for Dago they don't have much of it and they don't care who they sell the remains too...
                    Well maybe the fast parts will make it into someones hands that will use them.

Comment

Darn so Frank Taylor never rebought Dago?

Comment

Voodoo's website was recently updated and has some news on it.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                          Voodoo's website was recently updated and has some news on it.

Michael
                          Are they still planning on putting a boiler in there?

Jarrod

Comment

I am reasonably sure VooDoo will be racing pretty much as last year with a few minor mods and hopefully a little stronger motor (or two)...I gotta say that if the news that Dago is gonna wind up as a parts source for other airplanes is true, its a damn shame...I would HOPE someone in the community with the funds would see the historical significance as well as the proven potential...I know its easier said than done, but jeez if you wanna race for the Gold wouldn't a 6 time winner be a good place to start?!?!?

Comment

It would be nice if "Tiger" bought his old "Dago Red" back. I still have people that don't know it was his to start with.
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X