Miss Foxy Lady fuselage art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Foxy Lady fuselage art

Anyone have a close-up (detail) shot of Miss Foxy Lady's artwork from 1975? It's the all-white version with the blonde girl in the blue nightgown. The artwork was patterned after one of artist Vaughn Bode's "Bode's Babes". The version on the plane was slightly different from Bode's original work (the arm bands were removed, and the 'war paint' stripe on her face was removed).

It only appeared at Reno '75, and at that wasn't painted on until Thursday or Friday of Race week. Not many photos of the plane with the girl on it. Most of them are 3/4 rear views of the whole airplane from the left hand side taken in the pits. I've seen one Jim Larsen photo of Foxy Lady going around the pylon during Sunday's Gold Race with the artwork.

Anyone?

Re: Miss Foxy Lady fuselage art

Try Mustangsmustangs.com & flickriver.com/mustang. Flickriver had a closeup of artwork only the plane was painted black.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Big Jim,

I'm nearly certain I do. Give me a call and I'll dig them out.
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        Try Mustangsmustangs.com & flickriver.com/mustang. Flickriver had a closeup of artwork only the plane was painted black.

That was the 1974 artwork. It was repainted white in 1975 with a completely different girl.

Comment

Here a photo that I took back in 75. It's probably not as clear and close as you'd like but hopefully it will help. I always liked the black and gold plane version better but I don't have any photos of that.
          Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X