Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy's First Flight

Hey Guys

Andy Chiavetta has been working hard on his own design homebuilt since shortly after he started on Darryl's 33, over the weekend it finally flew. They put together a video for youtube, check it out here. The website for the airplane is here. Congratulations Andy!!

Elliot
    Wasabi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by laminar; 05-18-2010, 10:19 AM.

Re: Andy's First Flight

Hmmm...named after one of the most famous small block Chevy's ever built???

Comment

NIIICE!!

Big Congrats Andy! thumbsup:

What is under the hood?

Comment

Ah I see now..HKS 700 70hp? no 150 kts.. WOWZERS!

Comment

I'm wondering how they are going to handle the 51% rule... Thot the FAA was trying to crack "down" on their interpretation of it (however bad idea that would be!) and head toward having builders actually fabricate a LOT more than is now acceptable.... Looks pretty neat tho... any idea on the projected price point?
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            I'm wondering how they are going to handle the 51% rule... Thot the FAA was trying to crack "down" on their interpretation of it (however bad idea that would be!) and head toward having builders actually fabricate a LOT more than is now acceptable.... Looks pretty neat tho... any idea on the projected price point?

I doubt it will be much different from a Lancair etc. They are still legal under the 51% rule. The crackdown was mostly aimed at pro builders building peoples aircraft for them under the builder's assistance rule.

Comment

Working...
            X