RV camping at Air Races ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV camping at Air Races ?

Has anyone stayed in the RV parking across the street from St Michaels Church? It's dry camping.......I was wondering how it is? Is it really dusty or not to bad? Any other comments about it? Thanks
    Brian

Re: RV camping at Air Races ?

Not bad. I sleep in a tent in that lot and its fine.

Comment

And the best part, you're at the air races. Wait, that's all that matters.
      Cheers

Comment

Just be prepared for anything. It can be hot, cold, raining, snowing, high winds and dust. Sometimes all at the same time...
        Make sure you have clothes and equipment for all of it, and nothing will detract from the fact that you are just a few feet from the action!
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

And the action starts at sunrise and goes till sunset. Sometimes it goes on all nite. Join NAG and get a line pass.

Comment

What's NAG and what's a line pass? Thanks

Comment

NAG= National Air-racing Group. Line Pass is wrist band that gets you into the pits where the racers are parked. Contact Betty Sherman with a private message to ShermB at aafof. You can find it by going to community list & looking up shermb. Hope this helps.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  Has anyone stayed in the RV parking across the street from St Michaels Church? It's dry camping.......I was wondering how it is? Is it really dusty or not to bad? Any other comments about it? Thanks
                  Brian
                  It's not that bad. The dust does pick up a bit when the wind is really whipping but otherwise, not too bad. Bring a large area mat for outside your door/dining area or you'll be tracking dirt and sharp stickers inside all the time.

St Micheals allows you to save water by having showers available and they NEVER run out of hot water. Don't want to cook? They sell dinner too.

Don

Comment

I have camped in my tent by my bike for over 50 nights there...a few hints....remember, your camping fee is the same for one night or ten...see the Church website to make sure they have not changed this policy...and your fee is tax deductable.....if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs....and dont forget...the wind really can blow there so dont leave the awning out if you RV and use really big tent stakes if you tent.
                    And dont ever kneel on one of those "burrs from Hell" And yes, the showers are great!!!!! If you ever dont see me, I am dead and half my ashes will be spread there....

Comment

Oh great. More dust. Running away now.

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                      And dont ever kneel on one of those "burrs from Hell" And yes, the showers are great!!!!! If you ever dont see me, I am dead and half my ashes will be spread there....
                      Cheers

Comment

The Boy Scout breakfast gets my vote as a don't miss experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X