Reno 1970-73 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 1970-73 ??

Figure it is a long shot, but just maybe someone out there has some old home video or know's of some...

Wondering if there is any video record out there of any of the Reno or Mojave races between 1970 - 73 ?

Robert
    " Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Re: Reno 1970-73 ??

I've got a short clip on YouTube of the California 1000 at Brown Field and Mojave. From 1970 or thereabouts however....

Look on YouTube for 'California 1000'
    Steve Guilford

Comment

Thanks will check them out They look great ... Is it possible to transfer these to a writable DVD to view them on the TV ? ( for personal use only that is ) ..

Originally posted by F4U-7 View Post
      I've got a short clip on YouTube of the California 1000 at Brown Field and Mojave. From 1970 or thereabouts however....

Look on YouTube for 'California 1000'
      Last edited by rje71; 04-20-2010, 09:50 AM.
      " Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Comment

my dad has 1971

Comment

In 1970 Wide World of Sports, as usual back in the day, was at Reno. I didn't have any way to videotape it but I put a cheap little real to real tape recorder next to the TV and recorded the audio. Some years later I transfered by microphone to speaker (ultra high tech 2nd generation stuff you know) that to a cassette tape. It's in the basement somewhere. I'll keep my eye out.

Sadly, I think this was the year (maybe 1971) Wide World used O.J. Simpson (of all people) as the co-host. He had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. W.W.O.S. had about as much coverage of the Staggerwing race in 1970 as the Unlimited Final as I recall.

Anyway, unless someone could somehow get the old ABC program tapes, all that we may ever see is the Sky High footage.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the input and the info !!

That would be great to see someday Shawn ..

Robert

" Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Comment

i talked to my dad about putting it on dvd but its put away somewere iknow wide would of sports never showed the 1974 race due to the controverseary they had. Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell View Post
                In 1970 Wide World of Sports, as usual back in the day, was at Reno. I didn't have any way to videotape it but I put a cheap little real to real tape recorder next to the TV and recorded the audio. Some years later I transfered by microphone to speaker (ultra high tech 2nd generation stuff you know) that to a cassette tape. It's in the basement somewhere. I'll keep my eye out.

Sadly, I think this was the year (maybe 1971) Wide World used O.J. Simpson (of all people) as the co-host. He had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. W.W.O.S. had about as much coverage of the Staggerwing race in 1970 as the Unlimited Final as I recall.

Anyway, unless someone could somehow get the old ABC program tapes, all that we may ever see is the Sky High footage.

That's right, Lowell. And all of the Staggerwing contestant families enjoyed the coverage very much!
                Chris...

Comment

Working...
                X