Thank You All So Much From Randy Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You All So Much From Randy Goss

Just got back into Woodland after my initial trip to Bakersfield with my wife Christi to begin the long task ahead of us.

I just wanted to quickly thank all of you for the phone calls, cards etc. after we lost Papa Goss and Steve Ballard.

I have not had a chance to reply to each and every one, but please believe me, I appreciate all your kind thoughts and prayers from the bottom of my heart!

Please mark Noon April 10th on your callenders, we will have a great tribute to Al Goss and Warlock down at Eddie Van Fossen's hangar in Shafter and you all are welcome to attend.

As of this moment, the Goss family is planning on having our Warlock race trailer at Reno this year, and we very much plan on having a Wednesday Warlock Memorial bash with the Warlock band rocking out live!

Thank you once again to each and every one of you and please keep the Goss family and Warlock crew in your thoughts and prayers.

I think my wife Christi made a statement that speaks volumes about my Dad, she said on the way to Bakersfield "there sure are a lot of people that look up to your Dad for as short as he is" She sure got that right!

See ya all soon, all the best. RG
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Re: Thank You All So Much From Randy Goss

Thanks Randy...

You know, I was just thinking today that back a quarter century ago I used to think of your Dad as a really tough and competitive little guy.

What I realised though, is that I haven't thought of Al Goss as "short" in many years.

I hope to see you on the 10th...

Neal

Comment

Randy, you and your family surly are in our thoughts and Prayers! If there's anything Monica and I can do, please let us know. I hope to see you on the 10th.

Larry
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I sure wish that I could make it on the 10th, but I'll be there in spirit, so hoist one for Al and Steve for me.

Comment

Randy,

Thank you for keeping us, your extended Warlock family, in YOUR thoughts. We will be there at the Races...partying to the Wingnuts or whatever musical ensemble comes to play. I look forward to hugging you! We will picture "karaoke Al" dancing and singing as the night evolves. Party on, dude!

Michael and I will be out at Warlock's pit spot on April 10th toasting your Dad and Steve with a Miller! We miss him so...I am glad he was doing what he loved and in what he loved...but, damn, it doesn't stop me from missing him!

Love and hugs to all,
          Barbara

Comment

Randy, I'm still remembering you and your dad hoisting a curious, precocious, know-it-all six year-old into Warlock and explaining to him how everything worked....

I am still gobsmacked that Al is gone. I will miss him every time I go out to Stead, or see a T6 fly overhead. That pit WAS the Air Races for me in so many ways!

You and the entire Goss family have my thoughts and prayers, good sir. If there is anything I can do for you and yours, please let me know.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the shindig on the 10th, but I'll definitely send my best wishes to you that day. I think on that day at noon, I'll head out to Warlock's old pit spot in Stead, don the pin-covered hat, and raise a Miller to Al and Steve.
            I will absolutely be at the Warlock memorial pit/family reunion during this years Air Races partying the night away!

Thanks to you and Al for everything.

- Michael Ganschow-Green

Comment

So good to hear from you Randy, tough task indeed. I think its great you guys are gonna bring out the trailer and celebrate at Reno this year....it just makes sense.

Looking forward to that and see you on April 10th

You know i'm not far from Minter, if i can assist, please let me know

All the Best

ADT
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Remembering Al Goss on airrace.org

I was just checking out airrace.org and saw the impressive video they posted to commemorate Papa Al Goss...very touching and that Goss sense of humor shines through. Take a look...nice job!

Comment

Excellent Video. A must see.
                  Randy Rheinschild
                  www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Sent a thank you to Mike Houghton and RARA for the video this morning, I was very happy with the result, and applaud their effort.
                    Thanks again RARA for composing such a classy tribute to Papa Goss and Warlock! RG
                    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

It's all good, we Love you Randy... you got my cell? If not, 503-307-0164...
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What good would it be to you if I had your cell?? LOL

I will get in touch with you soon, all the best. RG
                        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Randy,

My deepist sympathies for your loss. My wife and I were very close friends with Steve (just had dinner with him and his girlfriend a month or so ago when they stayed with us in LA). We knew him mainly from the glider side of flying.

We unfortunatly could not make it to Steve's memorial yesterday but were wondering if the celebration on the 10th in Shafter will be for both men or just for Al and the Warlock?

Thank you in advance for a response,

Brian Iten
                          Mike Bravo One

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75 View Post
                            What good would it be to you if I had your cell?? LOL

I will get in touch with you soon, all the best. RG
                            Kinda like that Charlie Sheen throws his phone in the car, "call me" underwear ad... Glad to see you're keeping your great sense of humor Randy
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                            X